We're upgrading

Be a part of the all-new
Nokia phones community,
coming soon.

Looking for the forum?

While we add the finishing touches to the new community, you can still browse the forum, but not create or edit posts.

Answered

Call forwarding

hi, i need to forward calls sometimes and can't find this option in the phone settings. is this feature hidden or will it come with a later release? thx, oliver

Best Answer

In the standard dialer app, open the menu (vertical ellipsis top right) > Settings > Calling accounts > tap SIM settings at the top > tap Select UIM/SIM Card - to find the settings regarding voicemail, call forwarding and more.

Please note, call forwarding, voicemail etc. are operator features and the options vary per mobile operator/carrier. Additionally, your mobile operator may provide a self-service website to adjust the settings in a web browser.

--
Hans

For now, we don't have that option anywahwre in setting, though using Asus developed application "Phone", your requirement will get fulfilled. As you know the application uses in Nokia 6 are mainly Android Native app developed by Google, eg: Phone, Message etc. Thus we can't rely on Nokia for this feature to be implemented in the default Phone app. Thanks!
The app referred to above is called "ZenUI Dialer & Contacts" by ZenUI, ASUS Computer, Inc.

Tech Wizard

Answer

In the standard dialer app, open the menu (vertical ellipsis top right) > Settings > Calling accounts > tap SIM settings at the top > tap Select UIM/SIM Card - to find the settings regarding voicemail, call forwarding and more.

Please note, call forwarding, voicemail etc. are operator features and the options vary per mobile operator/carrier. Additionally, your mobile operator may provide a self-service website to adjust the settings in a web browser.

--
Hans

Thank you, Hans, for this straightforward and useful answer. I'm new to Android, coming from Windows. I'm finding Android's menus less intuitive than Windows, and had given up trying to find the call forward option. I have uninstalled the ASUS dialer as I now find it redundant and unnecessary. -Mark
Hand, thanks a ton for this wonderful addressing. Best regards. Peyman.
Login to post a comment