The community forum

Join the conversation

Compatibility problem with Windows 10 computers

When I plug in Nokia 8 on Windows 10, the contents of phone are not displayed at all in Windows Explorer. Only Nokia 8 device and blank directory are displayed. In addition, a small partion appears as a CD/DVD drive. I have tried two different Win10 computers - the result is the same. Connecting Nokia 8 to Windows 7 PC was OK. The contents of the phone and the SD card were visible. Is compatibility problem with Windows 10 computers a wider problem?

1 person has this question

I have the same problem. Hope it will be fixed soon.

If you see the CD icon on your PC open it and install the driver.
Doesn't help. I have tried it already. The driver doesn't install successfully.

I got an answer from the Nokia support team which fix the problem. Here the translation of the email from German to English: 1. Open the confi menue and push the Build number several times untill you get the info "you are already developer". 2. Then choose the developer option and select USB configuration. Probably MTP is already selected. Select now charging and than MTP again. Connect the phone via USB to your W10 Computer and it will work.

Yes. Now it Works... Thanks!

I have the same problem since Android 8.0 update. The workaround works, but has to be done everytime before the phone is connected to the computer.

PLEASE FIX THIS

Rufer

Login to post a comment