The community forum

Join the conversation

3.5mm headphones/mic socket

Community Hero

i know that 3.5mm headphone/mic sockets are old school now, but the sound quality of wired headphones is still way better than bluetooth ones, and they don't need batteries! hmd could use this feature together with high-fidelity audio, making the phones desirable for music lovers/audiophiles.

1 person likes this idea

Community Hero

:D So I just realised that all the new Nokia phones have 3.5mm sockets :sheepish:

I assume that the new Nokias use a universal connector like the latest Lumias, one that can accept both OMTP and AHJ headsets?

1 person likes this

Unfortunately, my Nokia 6's jack seems to be AHJ-only :| . Thanks, Apple. I wish it had one because I've got an OMTP mic adapter, which means I'd save a bit of money by buying headphones without mic.

1 person likes this

Community Hero

Yes, AHJ only is rubbish. Come on HMD, don't follow the trends, so what you know is best for consumer and innovate, set new trends.

1 person likes this

Community Hero

Unfortunately I can confirm that the Nokia 8 I recently got is also AHJ only, which is a huge shame because my best headset is still the one that came with my old N8, but it's OMTP so won't work with my new Nokia :(

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment