We're upgrading

Be a part of the all-new
Nokia phones community,
coming soon.

Looking for the forum?

While we add the finishing touches to the new community, you can still browse the forum, but not create or edit posts.

Phone Heating a lot

media.extractor consuming a lot of cpu 

cpu usage from 40656ms to 992ms ago (2017-09-25 20:28:39.001 to 2017-09-25 20:29:18.666):

199% 2007/media.extractor: 199% user + 0% kernel / faults: 18 minor

Hi Anna will you please reply on this Topic, Since all the devices are going to hit by this issue

Detailing the issue:

Phone 100% charged before switch on :  in the next 6 hours, phone battery went down to 65%

battery consumed : by     screen 1%

Andriod system 30 %  ,

media 17%.

these are only three things which consuming the battery and battery showing 6hrs remaining.

_________

So further analysis:

media.extractor consuming a lot of cpu

cpu usage from 40656ms to 992ms ago (2017-09-25 20:28:39.001 to 2017-09-25 20:29:18.666):

199% 2007/media.extractor: 199% user + 0% kernel / faults: 18 minor

i.e user 33% , system 1% consumtion seen from top command of ADB

temp of the mobile: stays beyond 40 degree Celsius, and while watching any low quality video temp goes beyond 43.5 degree(super hot)

i have an 64 GB memory card attached to the phone.

contents in memory card : six 700MB file, some small 10 images of 3mb , and some app data

At the end i removed the memory card :(because thats the only change i made):

Results : now the CPU consumption dropped down to 1% for media extractor.

So this all heating issue is due to memory card attachment , those guys who have not attached memory card dont see heating while normal use.

now temp of the system dropped down to 31.5 degree Celsius.(now while watching videos temperature don't even hit 40 degree Celsius)

and i have not charged the mobile after that for about 16 hours now, and still battery showing 7hrs left.  

i.e user 2.6% , system 1% consumption seen from top command of ADB

If i am not wrong all the nokia devices(nokia 3/nokia5 /nokia6 ) all are going to have battery drain,heating  issue due to this.

So all Nokia users please don't add a memory card to your Nokia devices.

Please escalate this issue to the Developer team ASAP and please provide a fix for this bug so that we can use memory card in mobile,

otherwise we have to survive with only 16GB memory.

One more thing

Those who have attached memory card to the mobile will not be able to transfer all the data to PC using MTP , use shareit app from playstore.

Now you will be able to share data with PC using webview.

No able to transfer data using any MTP is also a bug, that should be fixed in the coming release.

Login to post a comment