The community forum

Join the conversation

No September Update available

i have a nokia 6 ta-1021. until now, there ist no september update available. also, i wasn't able to find an offical nokia or hmd global server to download and install the update manually. only some non official sites offer the september update to download. without at least any offical md5 hash, these update files can contain nearly everything.

how can i get the september security patch for my phone?

6 people have this question

I have the same issue on my TA-1033 for the last three patches. How can we get the patch of it is not available by OTA?

Same for ta-1021 in Poland. Support said only to wait longer, but I'm stuck on June security update. Especially september's update is very important due to blueborne, why our Nokia's are not updated?

1 person likes this
I am also from Poland and I have no update from September. It's a bit weird and I hope this will improve.

1 person likes this

Same here - Nokia 6 on o2 Germany: No September Security Update available.

2 people like this

After a totally senseless conversation with the Nokia Support i see only one way to solve the Probleme. Refund!! Send your phones back to HMD Global. 

The communication  was like:

me: I still have no September update. other Nokia 6 phones from the same vendor received it already.

support: just wait for the update. The update ist released by google and depending on the region.

me: but the update is available for other Nokia 6 phones. I can download it from unofficial sites.

support: just wait for the update. The update ist released by google and depending on the region.

me: why can't you even post an hash key here in the forum that we can verify the integrity of unofficial download?

No support would be better than the current support.

1 person likes this

Very bad support by Nokia, No support, No response, Not listing the actually issue via chat support 

Nokia/HMD Global, i am requesting to you, i want refund my money, please tell/mail ( me process pickup my phone.

Dear user1506421232615,

We're really sorry to hear that you're unhappy. Having had a look at what our support agent told you, we can see that they did try their best to give you a meaningful update with the knowledge they had available. As already stated, the availability of the security patch depends on multiple aspects, including when Google releases them, your device model, as well as your location.

We really understand how frustrating it can feel that the updates sometimes take longer than expected, but please know that we're doing everything we can on our side to get them to you in a timely manner. We're also working on an FAQ about software updates and the process through which they are delivered.

Dear deepak,

Unfortunately we can't process any returns on this forum, please contact support to get more information about returns for your device and region.

Thank you for your continued patience, wishing you all a lovely day. 

Anna (Moderator)

user1506421232616 (Anna )

Your are not understanding the my query, "Right now my phone having Security patch level: 1 April 2017"

May, June, July, August, September months updates are missing, so why your blaming to the google, they already release at-least august update(go & search at the google/forums), even previously before the update i had august patch.

Dear Anna, thanks for showing us that you and the other support have absolutely no idea, how the Android OTA Update works.

Just read:

To summarize it, Google of course releases in the first step Android OS updates. BUT, after that, your developers build device specific update packages for every Nokia 3,5,6,8 phone, which are also signed with HMD Global specific private keys. Then the have developers insert the information about these device specific updates in the OTA database with the download links for the updates .

The best joke in this story is, that you tell us, that it is up to google to release the update for our phones. But Google isn't even able to release an update, because hopefully Google don't have the HMD Global specific private keys for signing the update.

My phone now looks in the OTA database for an update and can't find anyone. I can wait until end of time for without any update, if there is no update information for my device type.

A professional support would first ask me for the 2 IMEIs of my Nokia 6 phone after my complain about the missing September update. With the 2 IMEIs, the support can identify the device type of my phone exactly in HMD Global device database. With the found device type information, the support can check the Android OTA database for this device type. If the entry for my device type is missing, the support or an developer could insert the missing entry. The answer of a professional support would then be: Dear Customer, sorry for your inconvenience, we have solved the Probleme. You could now get the OTA update.

5 people like this
Hi Anna This doesn't appear to be a phone model or region problem as other people I know have purchased the same model from the same vendor and they are getting the patches.
Does any one know if any one with ta 1033 in the united kingdom on any network got the September update ?

Hi All I may of found a back door fix to this back your phone up.

take the sim out and then restart the phone leaving the sim out

connect it to the internet and log in

the phone will automatically look for updates

just managed to get my September update on my uk nokia 6 ta 1033

Just given that a try but no joy on my Nokia 6 TA1033 in the UK... 
Login to post a comment