The community forum

Join the conversation

WiFi issues

Anyone else having issues with WiFi with the Nokia 8, it seems to crash after a couple of days and stop working. A reboot if the phone usually gets it going again, kind of annoying, don't know if it's a driver issue of if I have a problem with my particular phone. It doesn't seem isolated to just 1 access point either. Hoping the Oreo update which is due later this month fixes this and a few other random crashes I've had.

I'm using Nokia 8 from 1 week I didn't find any issues like this my phone is working very nice and battery backup is so good
I had this issue to begin with and decided to do a full reset and restore. I had other issues as well such as application hangs and random restarts. Check for phone updates and then back up your phone to Google and do a full reset.
I had a small system update come down yesterday around 62mb, so will see how things go over the weekend, don't really want to factory reset again unless I really need to. My other crashes have been caused by the camera, went to try and shoot a video, camera app crashes and then the launcher crashed as well. Left the phone for around 10 mins to see if it would recover but had to force a restart. I don't think I have defective hardware as such think it's just some software issues. To be honest I'm loving this phone, it's fast, snappy and the battery life is unbelievable, getting a good 2 days out of it between charges.
I find more often thafter three to four weeks with this phone that the WiFi crashes more often. It shouldn't crash at all.
I've found it seems to stop working after around 4-5 days of uptime. When the WiFi bug triggers, it will only connect to an access point if you are literally right next to it. When it does connect their is virtually no throughput. A reboot is the only cure, it's kind of annoying as if I don't spot it, it starts using my mobile data when it doesn't need to. I'm now on the stable version of Oreo, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they have fixed this as it was a bug I reported a few times.

1 person likes this

Same issue on stable Oreo! Only reboot helps. I am thinking about returning my phone. :(

I'm waiting to see what the latest update I just received does, I will know by next week if this issue is fixed or not.

So, I changed "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" to "Always" in settings and it seemed to work for now. Guys, try this and tell if this solved the problem for you.

Getting the same fault on Oreo. Wifi keeps dropping out

I actually had decent WiFi uptime on the 8.1 Beta, I managed 2 weeks of uptime before the bug hit. I can't comment on the stable as haven't seen it happen yet. You might also want to check your router settings as well, make sure you use the latest WiFi security WPA2-PSK with AES encryption. If your router does 2.4ghz and 5ghz WiFi do not set different SSIDS for them, keep them the same with identical password and security settings so your phone is free to roam between 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks. Also if you are using multi mode WiFi disable Short GI as it can cause issues. If you can't disable this if you don't have any legacy WiFi devices disable mutli mode and use wireless n / ac only.

before the 8.1 update wifi was working fine in my room and the wifi router is kept in other room but after update its having issues i have stand very near to wifi router to get connectivity or the phone says wifi has no internet connection

Login to post a comment