The community forum

Join the conversation

No DRM protected video on 7.1.2

Ever since I got 7.1.2 update to my ta- 1021 I have had only sound but no video when playing drm protected content. Like in Finnish apps Cmore Suomi and MTV Katsomo but also Gods of Egypt (only movie in my library) in Google Play Movies.

4 people have this question

Now those Finnish apps seems to work but Google Play Movies still gives just audio and black screen.

1 person likes this
I have the same problem too, my google play movies purchases have audio and black screen, can someone from nokia help.?

1 person likes this
Exact same issue, impacting différent applications for days. I m starting to be concerned with the lack of reactivity fromage Nokia on this latter.
Same here until today still cannot view drm protected videos such as on iflix. Need an answer please.
Same issue, even just after the very last security update.

1 person likes this
I spoke with Google on this and was elevated all the way to level three. They say that the Nokia 6 is a valid Android device, but not an authorized device. They gave two options, either a full factory reset may help, or talk to Nokia (HMD). Not sure what either of those are going to do.

1 person likes this
I am having this problem too. I cannot play purchases from Google Play Movies @ TV app or through the YouTube app. The screen goes black and only the audio plays after a few seconds. Hoping Nokia can give us some info on this?
I have the same problem with "my canal" in France since Android 7.1.2 still the sound but more image.

Just got about 150mb system update and after it was installed tested Gods of Egypt in Play Movies and it worked! so they fixed it now!

1 person likes this

Thanks @Warre1 .Just updated my Nokia 6 today and the videos now can be play like normal! No more blackout during the video play! Thanks Nokia(HMD)!

What was the name of the update and what version shows on the update screen when done?
Security patch level was not changed, but build number is now 00WW_3_72A.
It's OK for me for "my canal" with build number is now 00WW_3_72A Thanks Nokia
Unfortunately, it seems I have this problem and I have the Nov update. Hopefully this trial will pass.
Login to post a comment