The community forum

Join the conversation

Please improve the camera app

I really like Nokia 8 but the camera app. The big issue of the camera app is auto-focusing. When I take a photo and touch the screen to focus a object. When I am waiting the right moment, the camera app will re-focus on center of screen. It dose not make sense. About recording a video. Please see the follow videohttps://youtu.be/3cJw8q1gx1s?t=5m10s  . You can easily notice auto-focusing problem while taking videos is jumping around too much. And OZO recording, there is no recording app for recording audio, only can apply in recording a video. What a pity . Please tell me you guys already try to solve this kind of problem. And I will wait the new firmware coming. And sorry for my pool English.

41 people have this question

Please give us best camera

10 people like this

Pixel camera apk gives much better pictures compared to the stock camera. Hope this gets better with an update.

7 people like this

I can't agree more .

I am back to Nokia 8 from iphone 7 because of the nostalgia and specs it has .

The design , specs seems to be awesome.

The biggest problem is camera app. It crashes frequently and options are quite limited .

The front and back toggle is quite weird place.

colored and Twin mode doesn't show much of the improvement.

Please concentrate on better camera app .

10 people like this
I would like to highlight also the Camera topic, this is the best phone also camera is good, only the features/focus needs to improved s lot... Hope we are not disappointed. Please reply Nokia, I do not see any official reply on this topic. Very sad!

7 people like this

I noticed that the "Open Camera" app works much better than stock, except it cant take advantage of the dual lens capabilities.
So either, help open camera have support for your hardware or get more features in the stock app,
Namely Shutter speed, ISO control, DNG/RAW capture and maybe higher framerate in the app... its not exactly smooth.

5 people like this

The Pixel camera app is a monster compared to the Nokia 8 stock app. Please improve the camera app, because there is clearly nothing wrong with the hardware.

8 people like this
Seriously nokia it's time to think about camera performance... Where nokia 3,5,6 camera is not the best but it's mid range phones, hence i don't speak more about it.... coming to the point nokia 8 is your first FLAGSHIP and prestigious... The phone hardware is best no comments.... Whereas finger print( is accurate but slow?) And camera is big highlight to this phone before buying it, i noticed many people complained about their camera but even though i buyed because i hope you put promise by developing software and sent OTA..... But still today didn't fix CAMERA issue and even no reply why?......... simply don't focus on upcoming 2nd flagship by considering these points, first fix nokia 8 issues because we are the BASEMENT.... If no one didn't buy nokia 8 expensive mobile means first FLAGSHIP fail... Hence results nokia again shutdown... So kindly requesting put your promise

2 people like this
Can someone send me link to download pixel camera app, please.

2 people like this

Pixel camera App is not open for all devices . Even if you use it will crash.

Your best bets are

Open camera ( free)

Camera MX

2 people like this

Google camera with HDR+

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-camera-hdr-ported/

Open Camera

Download it from Google Play.

---

In my opinion the Pixel app is more user friendly, than Open Camera. But that is just MY opinion. I've tried both and Open Camera seems to be more powerful (you can tweak you settings a lot more etc.). The only question is: how much tweaking do you want/need?

2 people like this
If I install Google Camera from a file, it does not invalidate the warranty?
No, I don't think so. You are free to use whatever app you want. It's rather a matter of what Google has to say about it, but I don't think they mind very much.

The camara is not bad, but the focus...

1 person likes this
Yes, that's pretty much it! Of course, the UI is kind of crap too. But I'm sure we'll soon get to enjoy the old Lumia UI - along with the improved camera focus. I'm still very happy I switched from iPhone 6 to Nokia 8!

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment