The community forum

Join the conversation

Please improve the camera app

I really like Nokia 8 but the camera app. The big issue of the camera app is auto-focusing. When I take a photo and touch the screen to focus a object. When I am waiting the right moment, the camera app will re-focus on center of screen. It dose not make sense. About recording a video. Please see the follow videohttps://youtu.be/3cJw8q1gx1s?t=5m10s  . You can easily notice auto-focusing problem while taking videos is jumping around too much. And OZO recording, there is no recording app for recording audio, only can apply in recording a video. What a pity . Please tell me you guys already try to solve this kind of problem. And I will wait the new firmware coming. And sorry for my pool English.

25 people have this question

If you're into you're photography like me install the best Android camera app Camera FV-5 Makes a massive difference on this phone.

Unfortunately Camera FV-5 crashes everytime I try to make picture.

For anyone wondering the CEO of HMD has confirmed that they are working on a new Camera App for the Nokia 8 and the other Nokia phones (currently available for the Nokia 5 with the Oreo Beta) and they have heard the feedback.

1 person likes this
I agree here with most of the comments about camera...it doesn't have iso settings and also not sure how to o adjust things in night mode. Flash doesn't actually capture the night mode.

1 person likes this
We immediately need camera firmware update

5 people like this
This is, by far, the worst smart phone camera ever. The focus is slow, and when trying to focus on a specific area on screen, then it reverts back to center when releasing the shutter. My only regret with this phone is this poor excuse of a camera. I hope a firmware release can fix it. So disappointed in a flagship phone!

1 person likes this
I don't like to use this with Nokia brand because Nokia is good for camera but this flagship Nokia 8 cam next filing...I missed lot of best shots... At the time I BUYED this mobile till today many times I asked them but seems no use.... Always hoping update update update
The phone gets very hot when taking pictures with the zoom. Then it has a big problem with the sharpness, the white balance, the camera application freezes. Does anyone else have this problem?
Likely Nokia is going to use Lumia UI , will hope to see some improvements.
I think Lumia UI is Microsoft patented

There was a 300mb+ patch recently which makes the camera much more responsive.

As for the Lumia UI; HMD bought a lot of patents from MS last year including the Lumia UI patents.

Have a look at the DXO test of Nokia 8 camera. I think neither a firmware or software update can improve much. The cam is simply to bad compared to ALL other premium models of other manufacturers
"Nokia 8 gets a poor DxOMark score" Nokia , time for action , expecting some update/patch to improve camera better.
Login to post a comment