The community forum

Join the conversation

Bugs with the new update.

After the new update my phone has become a strobe light and the camera is starting itself and vibrating itself...

Adaptive brightness does not work also. There is fixed level of auto brightness and brightness slider moves on its own based on the light sensor

Tech Wizard

Replying to 'user1508933815957'
There is fixed level of auto brightness and brightness slider moves on its own based on the light sensor - This is Adaptive Brightness ??

This happens when I turn adaptive brightness on which I don't think it should based on before the 7.1.2 update

Tech Wizard

@user1508933815957,
Adaptive Brightness - ON = Auto adjustment of the phone brightness based on the ambient light sensor.
Adaptive Brightness - OFF = Manual Brightness Adjustment by user.

You might want to read this article about thr difference of Auto Brightness and Adaptive Brightness http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/06/26/android-l-feature-spotlight-auto-brightness-is-gone-adaptive-brightness-takes-its-place/

Tech Wizard

Well, as it says in the article. This was a feature of Android L.
It is not there in the stock version of Android N.

Seriously?! It's BEEN there SINCE Android L and it WAS also present in Nokia 5 before the 7.1.2 update.

Tech Wizard

I meant Auto Brightness is not there in Nougat. I have not used it and it was a feature of Android L.
7.1.1 and 7.1.2 have the same settings.I didn't see any change in the display settings. The Adaptive brightness option works just fine for me.

1 person likes this
So you don't use it. To cut it short, adaptive brightness is different from auto brightness and 7.1.2 update broke it. Was working fine in 7.1.1
Login to post a comment