The community forum

Join the conversation

Happy customer

Looking at all the negative feedback here, I have to say that I'm in quite the opposite camp. I'm happy to have a phone that gets regular updates (three in a just over a month, not including the Oreo beta) and more importantly, getting a phone that's snappy to use with a clean UI. Maybe my expectations were different from many people here, as I have not owned a Nokia phone since the 5110 and HMD is not the same company, which is important to remember. I came looking for a device that featured a fairly clean build of Android and it's what I got. I've so far not had any problems with my device and the camera seems to work well for me.

I'm sure there are plenty of things that can be improved. Personally I'd preferred a smaller 5" screen, as I can't use the Nokia 8 with one hand comfortably. Yes, stereo speakers would also have been preferable, but I rarely use my phone speaker. 

It's also worth keeping in mind that the Nokia 8 is a lot cheaper than other devices based around the same SoC (at least where I live) which makes it a pretty good value for money proposition. 

Anyhow, I'm happy with what I got for my money and it's good to see Nokia/HMD delivering on their promise of regular software updates, as this is something that's almost unique to them in a business where this should be a standard practice in this day in age, especially with regards to security updates, as there are so many issues that are discovered on a regular basis. Other manufacturers give you an update every six months at best, which is simply not good enough.

So thanks to Nokia/HMD for delivering so far.

1 person has this question

It seems that you've just read my mind :) Just kidding, I'm a happy customer like you, too

1 person likes this

Hey - thanks so much for your kind words! It's great to hear positive feedback from happy customers and we hope to keep you happy for years to come. :) 

Have a great day!

Anna (Moderator)

Login to post a comment