The community forum

Join the conversation

Answered

Update started but due to some network error I had to restart the process later the update never showed up

I'm using Nokia 5, today my phone started updating but it was interrupted due to a network problem. To prevent any data loss I restart my phone thinking that the process will start again but it never did. How can I get back this update? In this website it's said that Nokia 5 is yet to get Oreo beta testing so was that Android 7.1.2?

Best Answer

I was constantly checking my phone for updates from 18th October and finally got it on 23rd. Probably they are rolling out the updates in Batches and you will definitely receive it a little later.

Use the 'Support' application to chat with Nokia Care Team, They might help you out.

Tech Wizard

I am a Nokia 5 user. The Latest update was 'October Security update' + 'Android Nougat 7.1.2' = 690MB.
I was successfully able to update to 7.1.2 in 1 shot a couple of days ago.

Check the current version of your phone in ->   Settings > About Phone > Android Version.
Also 'Android security patch level' below Android version.

If it is 7.1.1 , Check for update ->   Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Check for updates.
The process might probably start again. 

If you still face any issue , try restarting your phone and check after a while.

Nishanth, I tried the same but no luck. I even restart few times still same result. Thanks for the response 

Tech Wizard

Answer

I was constantly checking my phone for updates from 18th October and finally got it on 23rd. Probably they are rolling out the updates in Batches and you will definitely receive it a little later.

Use the 'Support' application to chat with Nokia Care Team, They might help you out.

Login to post a comment