The community forum

Join the conversation

Camera shutter sound

Unable to turn off the shutter sound of my camera. I turned off the option in camera settings but it still makes sound so I tried to make the phone silent, even after that the result was same. Am I the only one who experience this? If no, please rectify it in your next update.

2 people have this question

Tech Wizard

I faced the same issue in Android 7.1.1 and the issue is still present after Android 7.1.2 update.
I selected 'Do Not Disturb' and was able to mute Camera Beep sound.

I was asked to try the below by a Nokia Support Executive. You could try the same and let me know if your issue gets fixed ?

"" I would like to inform you that please once follow below steps and try using again.

Step 1) Open Camera >> 3 Horizontal Lines >> Shutter Sound >> Turn On >> Turn Off >> Done.

Step 2) Please try to force restart device by pressing volume up key and power key button for 20 sec then device will vibrate 3 time and device automatically restart

Step 3) If not happen then Go to settings >> about phone >> system updates >> check for updates >> update >> done.

Step 4) Perform Factory Data reset after taking proper back up it will solve your issue (Perform this step if it do not solve your issue till performing above 3 steps)  """"

1 person likes this
I am facing the same problem
I had same problem when my Nokia 5 was running on Android nougat 7.1.1version. but when I updated it to Oreo, I was able to turn off camera sounds. Anyhow I'm still unable to turn off screen shot sounds. Hope this problem will also vanish when this Oreo version will be improved or boosted up in coming days.

I am having the same issue in Nokia 5 with Android 7.1.2 version and there is no any update available on my phone right now. this camera sound is so annoying. 

Yes, this camera shutter and the screen shot sounds are so annoying. I thought that they'd address those issues with the version 7.1.2 but they didn't. From the above comments I understand that only one of the issues were solved. Actually screen shot sounds are more bothersome, especially when we're listening to music. Right from the moment we take screenshot the song will start playing from the external speakers rather than the headphones. Expecting better customer service from Nokia

Tech Wizard

Agreed it is annoying.
I switched to a 3rd party camera application as the default app didn't get any update to fix this minor MAJOR issue.

Either screenshot / camera snap while listening to music activates the speakers and starts blasting music through both Headphones and Loudspeaker !
They are not accepting the fact that this is a issue with the app and can be easily fixed with the update.

i am facing the same issue in every condition whether i click pics or take screenshot.i tried to mute and do not disturb option also but nothing works..please fix this issue in next update nokia

Login to post a comment