The community forum

Join the conversation

Nokia camera app just disappointing

Hi,HMD I hope you take action seriously about this. I just read Nokia 8 review and the phone received negative comments about the camera app.They say the camera app just too difficult to use and no manual/expert mode make Nokia 8 feel terrible. Please HMD,update camera app and make it simpler to use

2 people like this idea
1 Comment

I agree with the original post. While the quality of the images that are created surpasses most other cameras, the camera app itself is surprisingly poorly designed, especially coming from Nokia with the cooperation of Zeiss Optics. Here are some things that I have found to be troublesome with the Camera app:

- focusing is slow and tends to move around despite manually moved by the user (i.e. me)

- I'm still confused as to what the black spot on the camera module is - is it a laser or IR module?

- the option to switch from main to front camera is too fiddly; Google's implementation on its own Camera app where it puts it close to where the thumb usually is, is better in my opinion.

- taking a picture is unacceptably slow in the current smartphone imaging field; I find that it's OK to take images of landscape views but I fear when having to take pics with people or moving objects as it tends to be slow and produce blurred images.

- Switching between colour/mono cameras is also cumbersome and takes a split second longer.

Despite having upgraded to Android Oreo, the camera app isn't faring any better. Despite using SD835 which is a very capable top-end processor, the camera app is unacceptably slow. I hope there are camera app improvements on the way to improve this stellar smartphone by Nokia.

2 people like this
Login to post a comment