The community forum

Join the conversation

poor memory optimization & management

Overall my nokia 5 is quite a good phone, and i like it, but when it comes to multitasking, it sucks. Giving the fact that the phone has only 2 gb of ram, i didn t expect it will handle 20 opened apps as smooth as butter, but this phone can t even handle 5 opened apps. When i switch between those 5 apps, at least one of them is reloading (even when using stock and simple apps like clock, calculator, calender, messages, contacts). With apps that use internet connection it s even worse. If i use the browser to search something online, and then i switch to another app (for example notes, to write something down), when i come back in the browser, the page is reloading. Any suggestions? Thanks. 

6 people have this question

Looks like that it's a problem on 7.1.2 Android version (Nokia only). 7.1.1 was perfect with ram management, just after the update it dropped down.

Yeah, i as well can confirm this issue. I hope they'll fix it in the next update.

2 people like this
Had a thread on it here, complained to tech support multiple times. No help though. They keep on saying it's Google, it's provider, but it's the Nokia poor optimization. My problem is that the app that I really need always open closes and restarts. This is 1 app phone and that's sad in 2017. Hope that 8.0 fixes things, although it's not Android but the Nokia development problem

This is a debilitating fault and one that needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

It is not Android but a change Nokia had to have made in the 7.1.2 update. There really does need to be a fix for this in the November update, it can't wait for the Oreo update.

I imagine this happened by mistake and can't be that hard to fix.

If the Mod's could pick this up and let us know what is going on that would be really helpful. This is a matter of whether we can have faith in Nokia.

Login to post a comment