The community forum

Join the conversation

SMS receiving issues

I was update my Nokia 5 in naugat 7.1.2 and issues that 100 message out of 75 message I was received anybody can solve this problem

25 people have this question

Used Nokia support apps then give you locate nearest Nokia Care Centre address
Sheme! Big shame! Do something, please! 
Nokia please help

I think the problem is in android and in messages app. Google nexus phones has the same problem so propably the google is the one who need to fix it.

Not sure tho. Nokia should respond something :)

1 person likes this

I ment google pixel phones

Hi,

Many thanks. We're aware of this feedback and are looking into it. 

Rest assured, while we're not able to individually comment on all the feedback received on this forum, we always ensure that it gets read by the relevant teams.

Have a great day,

Anna (Moderator)

2 people like this

Hi Anna,

I am sorry, but this issue has to be company's top priority and you should have answered it 19 days ago when the topic was started.

Mobile phones need to be able (at least!) to make calls and to receive SMS messages, and the second thing doesn't work properly. Ridiculous, don't you think?

2 people like this
Exactly! C mon Nokia give us quality you are well known of! Her's an example what your company directly did to me : few days ago I was called to sign a deal with one local company. As a contractor my obligation is to be there at time and start the job. As they have ( manager ) sent me a message of where we should start earlier than agreed to, he sent me a message. Guess what? I didn't read it cause it WAS NOT delivered! I lost 1500 euros!!! Are you going to refund it to me HMD/NOKIA? NO. So get busy with the problem and solve it asap! Imagine what damage could be applied to other users...

1 person likes this
Yes, we should get feedback,when it is going to be repaired.
I am also having this problem for a couple of weeks, I have tried replacing the Sim, using third party SMS apps and factory reset on three occasions. The Nokia online support is useless this is an obvious problem and Nokia need to address soon and at the very least communicate to their customers what they are doing to solve the problem and when they expect to have a solution. When I bought Nokia I thought I was buying a quality product from a quality company, Nokia please get on top of this before I loose all confidence in you.

1 person likes this
Hey, guys. I sometimes met the problem about 2 days after using my phone. How about you?
Settings ---> Apps ---> Messages --> Permissions ---> Tap the three dots upright --> All permissions ---> under SMS section, please press "Receive text SMS" and "Send and View SMS messages" and also "Read your text messages" . After all this, please restart the device and have somebody send you a message. From Nokia

Thank you for this, but I don't see how would this help, since pressing the information about what rights has the app doesn't make any differences. When you restart the device, it will anyway work for a while and then the same old story.

Tech Wizard

I missed a few OTP messages and other important messages only to get the Sms after 4 days.
I gave up on the factory sms application (Android messages) and switched to 3rd party app, 'Textra'. 
It works fine and has a Dark mode !

I'm pretty much avoiding the factory default applications as they are buggy. The default 'Phone' Application is displaying duplicate contacts even if the contact has a single phone number ! (I use WhatsApp on my phone, duplicate contact displays info about Video call,Call, message contact using WhatsApp)

It is better with other apps,but still I do not receive all mesaages.
Login to post a comment