The community forum

Join the conversation

Nokia 6 , TA-1021 issue with HCE payment app

I have observed that on Nokia 6 model TA-1021 the Host Card Emulation (HCE) payment app is not able to complete a NFC transaction on Point of Sale (PoS) terminal, but the same mobile device works fine with SE-based solution. I am representing a large Dutch bank that offers both SE-based payment solution and a HCE solution.

The transaction starts with select PPSE command and its response is sent back successfully, also the same for select  AID (here Maestro), However “Get Processing Options” (GPO) command does not reach the payment app ( according to adb log). This command (GPO) reaches the device and get 6999 as response send back to PoS ( from nfc communication log). According to ISO 7816-4 this means Command not allowed. Please check the logs for more details.

I have tried several times to perform a transaction but all fail. I am also aware that a competitor’s HCE solution in Dutch market does not work on the same mobile phone (Nokia 6 – TA 1021) too. I have added links of the relevant adb log and nfc communication between card and PoS and picture of device properties. I am also representing UL Transaction Security and able to provide the logs. Could you let me know what you think causing the issue and if you have any plan to resolve it?

There are three attachments:

Nokia6_TA1021_adbLog_HCEtransactionBreaks.txt => this is an adb log on verbos level of transaction starting from PPSE select command receiving from terminal and contains the period for which the decline message was generated.

Nokia6_TA1021_nfcCommunicationLog.xlsx => this is a log on nfc communication between mobile card and Point of Sale (PoS) in ISO 14443 level.

Nokia 6 TA-1021 Buildnumbera.jpg => this is the picture of device properties as shown by the device.

1 person has this question
Login to post a comment