The community forum

Join the conversation

Extreme overheating

I patiently waited for the Nokia 8 to arrive in South Africa as I have always enjoyed this brand and still use a Nokia 1520.

I have had this phone for a little more than a month. Its a phone foe me as I do not play games or use social media.

Yesterday I put it on charge, went to do things, heard it vibrating and picked it up, could not hold it as it was extremely hot, unplugged immediately, thinking about exploding cell phones. Screen dead, overcooked? its on but cannot do anything with it, took it to the supplier. Now I'm not sure if I want it back as this is of concern. Do I now have to watch it whilst its charging incase it happens again. 

Sorry to hear this. If understood correctly, you have taken it to a care center to be looked at? This was the best course of action, as they will be able to assess the situation and won't give it back to you until they are sure it is safe to do so. 

Hope you get to enjoy your new Nokia 8 without any hiccups soon!

Have a wonderful day,

Anna (Moderator) 

Thanks for the reply Anna, must admit a little skeptical now, don't want to have to continually check the phone whilst its charging. Other phone problems come to mind.

Login to post a comment