The community forum

Join the conversation

Proximity sensor not working

My Nokia 6 proximity sensor has stopped working and is causing trouble during calls as screen won't turn off

4 people have this question

Any option to enable Proximity sensor from the device ??

Tech Wizard

There are no settings to enable or adjust the proximity sensor.

- Did you add a screen protector or a cover that may interfere with the proximity sensor?

Nokia customer care people asked me to follow few steps,it's working now :)

Tech Wizard

I'm curious - which steps worked for you?

Step 1:Please try to force restart device by pressing volume up key and power key for 20 second. Step 2:Please perform Service test of touch by dialling star hash star hash 372733 hash star hash star. You will get too many service test option select PROXIMITY TEST and check whether its working fine or not. Step 3:Please Use device on safe mode for 2-3 hour- To activate and deactivate safe mode kindly follow below mention steps: -:Press and Hold Power Key Button. -:Then Press and Hold Power Off Option which will appear on display. -:You will get Pop up REBOOT TO SAFE MODE>>Then Press Ok. -:Device Will restart automatically then it will start in SAFE MODE. -:RESTART DEVICE to come out from SAFE MODE. Step 4:Try to perform Factory Data Reset (After taking proper backup of all important data) ......for me it worked after doing step 1 itself......

6 people like this

Tech Wizard

Thank you!

The troubleshooting steps may also help solve other problems.

And for me it worked after doing soft reset  (volume UP + power key).

My phone is Nokia 5

thank you @gokul427

Login to post a comment