The community forum

Join the conversation

Pre-Install Nokia Healt apps on Nokia devices

Pre_install Nokia healt mate on Nokia Smartphone family. It Works well without any accessory, and convinces users to buy other Nokia Products.

1 person likes this idea

No thanks. The distinct lack of bloatware and potentially unnecessary apps is one of the best features the Nokia line-up has to offer. If people want those apps they can/should install them themselves.

Sorry Paradoxa, i don't agree with you. Health Mate is a real Nokia app, useful even without accessories. To call it bloatware is wrong.There are Samsung apps on Samsung smartphones. On Nokia smartphones i expect to find Nokia apps. Do you remember Nokia Mix Radio, Nokia Story Teller, even Nokia Here transit... Would you call them Bloatware?

That's all well and good to, but it doesn't really change the fact those apps could be called Bloatware or unnecessary, though I realise that is a matter of opinion. And I never called them bloatware specifically, I simply said they could be called that. And its not like a fitness app is critical for a phone itself, so it could be called unnecessary at the least.

As to your question on those other apps, yes I probably would call them bloatware or unnecessary. (And no, I don't remember them. I never had a Nokia phone with those apps.) Same for those Samsung Apps you mentioned. Just because they belong to the same brand doesn't mean they have to be there.

Especially since Google's standard app suite for Android handles just about everything including the features of those apps just fine. Why would I want a second app to do the exact same thing the standard Google apps already do?

MixRadio - Well have Google Play Music.

Story Teller - We have Google Photo's.

Here Transit - Google Maps.

I can sort of get how you would expect to find apps that match the branding of the phone, since that at this point that is kinda to be expected. But at this point, what bother? Like I said, the standard G-suite already does the job well enough, to the point I wouldn't be surprised most people found no need for 3rd party apps for most tasks.

You said you never used the apps I mentioned, but I can guarantee that they were (along with other Nokia apps) The real reason to choose a Nokia Lumia compared to any Android available with Google Apps. Nokia meant personality, quality and difference from the mass. Why should i buy a Nokia if i can get Google apps even with a different phone but with better value for money and the same stock ui? Also installing first Health Mate can improve user experience out of the box and can offer the possibility to those who do not use these technologies to discover and enter into the ecosystem of Nokia products, rather than Google.
You said you never used the apps I mentioned, but I can guarantee that they were the real reason to choose a Nokia phone (in addition to the other N apps) compared to any Android available on the market with Google Apps. Nokia meant personality, quality and difference from the mass. Why should I buy a Nokia if I can have the usual Google apps even with a different phone but with better value for money? Also installing first Health Mate can offer the possibility to those who don't use these technologies to discover and enter into the ecosystem of Nokia products, rather than Google.
I responded many times in this topic, every time in moderation... Please forum admins, unlock my post :) Therefore Old Nokia apps = way better t'han google apps!

How are the old Nokia apps better than Google Apps? What makes em better in your book?

Also, the post doesn't seem to be locked. Or have a bunch of your posts gotten lost in approval state?

Community Hero

Google maps is not as useful as HERE maps was on Symbian or Windows Phone (Here WeGo on Android is poor in comparison, but at least the maps are up to date). For one, I can easily download maps for my travels with HERE, not with Google Maps (I know it's possible, but it's not as easy/intuitive as saying "Download France", I have to faff around selecting the area etc instead).

Having said that, if I'm wrong I'm happy to be corrected.

But on the Health apps point - what I'd like to see is these apps being easily available to the customer for them to install as an option, but not installed by default.

Not everyone agrees, but many people buy a specific phone brand for brand and they want to see the brand on the phone. Nokia could keep stock Android but include an easily accessible way to install Nokia-exclusive apps.

Note that Windows Phone was terrible for this. Many Nokia apps were installed by default but there were many many more available and it wasn't easy to find the them because the Windows Phone store didn't make it possible to view the store by app developer, only by category.

1 person likes this

very good idea to encourage customers from HMD to buy nokia health products

Community Hero

I see that it is possible to download all the Nokia Health apps from Google Play - the supplier is Nokia Apps Distribution LLC.

So, it's optional to install them, but it's not very obvious.

Login to post a comment