The community forum

Join the conversation

Where's oreo on my UK TA-1012?

Hi,

Does anyone know when UK Users with sim free TA-1012 will be receiving the oreo update?

Seems to be rolling out to everyone except me.

5 people have this question

Alot of TA-1012 users (as well as owners of several other models) are reporting issues with receiving the Oreo update. Specifically that it won't show up at all so they can't download it. 

So far a few solutions have been tossed around on the forums here, some provided by CS and some found by the community. You want me to list em so you can give them a try?

2 people like this
I wouldn't mind giving them a go, assuming it's not a case of wiping my phone.

Yeah @Paradoxa list em i'll have a look

Here's the solutions I've read about, (and the one unhelpfully provided to me by CS.)

I just want to preface thus I  personallycan't guarantee any of these will work.. Some other users I think have reported some of these working (though I also recall some may be using different device models,) and some have said they haven't. Its all very random and inconsistent. So yeah, bear that in mind.

Now, the possible solutions.

• Temporarily removing the Sim Card: (May or may not want to follow this up with a quick reboot. Try that maybe if just removing it doesn't work.)
  • Swapping the Sim Card to one from a different network: Same as above. Maybe reboot your phone if this doesn't initially work.
  • Rebooting the phone: Ah the classic turn it off and on again.
  • Clearing data and the cache from the Google Play Services App on your phone: I can give you instructions to this if you need them. I tried this personally though on my own TA-1012 on recommendation from CS, and it didn't work, so I wouldn't put much hope in it if I were you. But hey, everything's worth a shot if you ask me.)
  • Factory Resetting: Sorry, I know this isn't one you wanted to hear. Consider this a last resort. I know I do. Fun Fact: CS has actually told people to try this. Yes, HMD's own Customer Support just says to Factory Reset your phone.

That's all I've got right now. I'll let you know if I find any others. 
Good luck, and I hope one of them works for you.

Re-posting, as again one of my posts finds itself lost in the Void...

Sidenote: HMD/Nokia. Ditch this awful approval system for comments please! Its complete rubbish and wastes everyone's time.

OK, I want to preface this by saying I offer no guarantees any of the solutions Im about to list will work. I've picked these up from both within these forums, outside these forums, and one in direct conversation I had with Customer Support (CS) and people using different models with different numbers to them have reported varying levels of success.

Ok, disclaimer out the way, here's the solutions I have.

1. Removing the Sim Card: You may want to follow this up with a reboot if this doesn't initially work.
  2. Swapping the SC to one from a different network/carrier: Again, maybe try rebooting after this.
  3. Rebooting the Phone: Ah the classic turn it off and on again.
  4. Clearing Google Play Services Data & Cache: I can provide instructions for this if you need them.
  5. Factory Reset: Sorry, I know this is one you didn't want to hear, but its a solution some I thiink have said works, so its still worth a mention. Call it a last resort though, I know I will.
  • Fun Fact: This is a solution CS themselves have supposedly provided to users. <Sarcasm> Doesn't that just fill you with confidence? </Sarcasm>

Right, that's all the solutions I've got right now. I'll update this thread if I find anymore.
In the meantime, give em a shot. Good luck and I hope one of them works for you. Please post if anyone of them does work for your TA-1012 as Im still in the midst of finding a fix for the same issue as well.

3 people like this

Tried them all except factory reset with no luck :( looks like i'm just gonna have to wait till there's a official fix

Lets hope HMD and Nokia get one out soon. This is far from an isolated problem and they need to address it ASAP if they want to stand a chance of rebuilding the brand and keeping the faith of their customers.

Same here problem here. Only got the November update the other day and was wondering if that was why it would take longer for Oreo. Looks like we will have to wait. Not the end of the world.

1 person likes this

Maybe not RY4N75, but you have to admin, it doesn't look good for HMD when they make bold promises for fast updates and then fail to deliver for what looks like a significant number of their users. A pretty bad move  (at least in my book) for a company trying to rebuild an old brand that's already made several mistakes (some quite big,) here in the smartphone business.

Mind if I ask, what model number is your phone, what region are you in and is it carrier locked?

@Paradoxa mine is the TA-1012 and I'm the UK. I have to admit they promised fast updates but have already fallen behind many.

Maybe not RY4N75, but you have to admin, it doesn't look good for HMD when they make bold promises for fast updates and then fail to deliver for what looks like a significant number of their users. 

A pretty bad move (at least in my book) for a company trying to rebuild an old brand that's already made several mistakes (some quite big,) here in the smartphone business.

Also, how did you get the November update? I can't even get those for some reason.

Same problem here:

TA-1012, Australia, sim-free.

A bit more than a week ago the phone updated to the November security patch.  Android version sits at 7.1.1, the Oreo 8.0 update is not showing up.  Actively trying to update reports "Your system is up to date.

@Paradoxa yes they do need to keep up with there promise but sometimes I guess things happen. It was strange as I was trying with checking for updates on and off then contacted Nokia on chat. The person I spoke to didn't have a clue why I hadn't had the November patch and he suggested my device was faulty haha. Got them to check my imei all good. Finished chat then funnily enough the next day the latest patch came through
@Paradoxa coming from a oneplus device it was great being able to download the latest OS and install it local on your device instead of waiting for the roll out to be completed. Oneplus are getting bigger and stronger. They have a community app and a big beta testing community. Downloading the latest OS then installing via local from your device is the way to go instead of waiting
Login to post a comment