The community forum

Join the conversation

Drop the Post Approval System

I saw in another thread (this one) that these forums are likely due to receiving a "Report Post" feature to make flagging up the bad comments easier whenever a discussion goes bad.

Can I ask that if we're going to implement a report post feature for those times threads turn sour, that we please ditch this "Approval System" for posts please as its clearly meaningless. Seriously if bad posts are getting onto these forums regardless then that system is obviously a waste of time. 

At best all it does is speed bump posts so to speak and increase the amount of time they take to actually get posted on the open forums, and at worse it causes posts to get lost in the Void for seemingly no reason whatsoever.

dunno about anyone else but I've lost alot of posts because this system where Im trying to post something that will hopefully help someone else, and they just never appear. I wouldn't be surprised if others had the same issue.

Please drop this system as its of no help to anyone whatsoever. Cheers.

Hi Paradoxa! 

Thanks for your feedback. We agree with you that it can be a little confusing when some comments don't appear, and the moderation time can sometimes be quite long. This can be especially frustrating when you're in the midst of an interesting conversation! 

We're looking into ways to make this better.

Have a great day,

Anna (Moderator) 

Its let confusing Anna and more downright frustrating as you've said. Sometimes you can get some really good posts written up, click "Post" and then come back some time later and find them still not posted, and occasionally they never reach the forums at all. Personally I've had to rewrite multiple posts or keep copies of them on my desktop on sticky notes just so I don't lose anything that I want to post.

Thanks for your reply though. Please tell me this system is likely to be dropped soon.

Its less confusing Anna and more downright frustrating as you've said. Sometimes you can get some really good posts written up, click "Post" and then come back some time later and find them still not posted, and occasionally they never reach the forums at all. Personally I've had to rewrite multiple posts or keep copies of them on my desktop on sticky notes just so I don't lose anything that I want to post.

Thanks for your reply though. Please tell me this system is likely to be dropped soon.

1 person likes this

Community Hero

I agree that it's confusing when posts don't appear immediately. This will become more of an issue as the forums get more popular and conversations move at a faster pace.

At the moment the mods can dictate the pace of the conversations, which helps them manage their workload - as Anna said, they're a small team.

If the post approval method is dropped then there's a risk that some conversations could turn nasty and actually take more time for the mods to manage than with the post approval method.

So it's not straightforward, but I agree that the post approval method can be frustrating.

Login to post a comment