The community forum

Join the conversation

Screen mirroring

On my brandnew Nokia 8 (Oreo 8.0.0) the screen mirroring does not work with both my Samsung and Panasonics smart-tv's. Both tv's have built in support for mirroring/Miracast and have worked fine with a number of smartphones (Samsung, Jiayu, LG, HTC). The tv's are simply not recognized as available casting-devices. Does someone have a fix for this?

Ass seen in other threads Google closes miracast in Android by default. Manufacturer need to enable this in to Work . And Nokia didn do that . They run close to stock Android.

That's too bad, I've used it quite often... Any solution for this, like using a specific app (haven't found any working app yet)? I know that I can buy a Chromecast, but I really don't want to reward Google for dropping Miracast...

Same here, did not find the TV Device. Please bring a patch to enable it.

I'm quite annoyed by this. Miracast was functionality I wanted in my new Nokia 8 so I looked it up to confirm it had Miracast and as far as this certification is concerned it suggests it does (bottom of page)... so what is gooing on? How and why is the Nokia 8 apparently certified for Miracast when the functionality is not available. Is the certification is a worthless lie or have HMD done a VW and gained the certification on the back of a specially altered device?

Hopefully they did foreget to enable it on TA-1012 with Oreo.

After some inspectig i think Miracast is working on TA-1004 devices, Mine was a TA-1012.

I returned this Device and will get a TA-1004 in some Days, so then i can tell more.

Login to post a comment