The community forum

Join the conversation

Make nokia great again? Impossible

Mirror link not enabled, camera function remaining basic.... Frankly speaking, Nokia 8 should be a phone capable of doing more. But it seems that the company did little to make it that way. I have bought it for nearly 3 months and I am disappointed.

3 people have this question

I think they are great but to be better you need the original snake game 

I tend to agree. There is a lot of latent potential in the Nokia 8, that just isn't being tapped into by HMD. To me, the Nokia 8 is good but not that good.

The early marketing was that the Nokia 8 would have plain Android to enablle a quicker update to Oreo. Now that the Oreo update is well under way, HMD must turn to improving the overall software feature set of the Nokia 8 otherwise there's not much to differentiate it from a cheap generic phone also running bog stock Android.

My Nokia 8 replaced a BlackBerry Priv. BlackBerry also prided itself on rapid security updates. Security is or has been BlackBerry's main selling point. An enhanced feature set over stock Android didn't stop BlackBerry releasing the monthly Android security patches in a timely  manner so there is no excuse for HMD/Nokia either.

1 person likes this
The phone may have a good hardware specification but the Oreo Software and updates have crippled functionality on my phone, I now find myself in the position of having a three years old Windows Phone that works far better than HMD's supposed Flag Ship Phone......very very very disappointed, wish I had bought Samsung
I agree with the OP. Nokia/HMD is not trying enough to please the users. It seems they are only using the brand to sell more. I don't have a Nokia 8, I own a Nokia 5, and if was expecting to have mirror link connectivity, on Nokia 8 I almost took for granted it would have that. I'm also displeased for my Nokia 5 not having mirror link and also I thought that with Oreo update it would bring manual camera mode, it brought but you can't change ISO or shutter speed settings (this things are pretty plain basic)...
Login to post a comment