The community forum

Join the conversation

Waiting For December Google Security Patch

Please I'm anxiously waiting for Google December Security Patch Level OTA update on my Nokia 8. Nokia should please push the update to us

be a bit patience, Google hasn't even distributed to all their phones and Nokia has to check it before we will get it.

I'm eagerly waiting for camera update

well, we all do but I guess this will not happen with the December security update as this is a Nokia issue and not a Google one. Let's hope for the update to 8.1 as I assume they will first check whether an update on camera will work with 8.1 and than check if it is ok with 8.0 as well.

At least I wouldn't invest time in fixing it for 8.0 if 8.1 is already on it's way.

@Mogdar please Nokia 8 is running on stock Android and it is expected that it should receive updates before others. Nokia 3 is already receiving the update and I guess that of Nokia 8 will arrive today

@Conqueror:
As far as I read Nokia 3 is getting the security update on Android 7.1.1
Nevertheless I would be happy if the December update will come today AND that it will have an update for the camera as well.

I don't have any further official or non-official information, I just shared my point of view that developing a new version of the camera app (it differs from the one on Nokia 3) has to work on 8.1 soon

@Mogdar are you saying the December Security Update for Nokia 8 on Android Oreo will come with an update on camera?

NO, as I said I don't have any information at all so I don't know.

It's still December. If it was January I might wonder where the December security update was.

I just got December security patch update on 15jan 2018. I'm from India. From the Time I updated my phone, it's battery is draining too faster. Have to charge twice in 8hours usage and also heats up phone. Last night my phone has around 75% battery before I go to sleep. In morning around 6:30 ..I checked it's battery is fully dead ...and I have to put it on charging before I start the phone bcz it was shutdown.. I don't know what kind of security patch it was , which drains more battery. Waiting some fix of this as soon as possible.

@7Sanjeev there is something seriously wrong there, check what is using the battery, settings/battery and tap on the % at the top of the page, you should see a breakdown of the apps using the battery since your last charge.

If that doesn't show your problem I'd suggest doing a Factory RESET.

@7Sanjeev there is something seriously wrong there, check what is using the battery, settings/battery and tap on the % at the top of the page, you should see a breakdown of the apps using the battery since your last charge.

If that doesn't show your problem I'd suggest doing a Factory RESET.

@j444LH ... I would check it out. Thanks for help.

Guy's, the January Security Patch arrived in Germany two days ago.

@7Sanjeev

And try to take out sd card and sim, connect to wifi and try to get the latest update.

Login to post a comment