The community forum

Join the conversation

FAQ - UPDATED - PLEASE READ

I have a Nokia 3/Nokia 5/Nokia 6/Nokia 8. Can I take part in beta labs?

There are no active beta labs programs at this time. We'll let you know as soon as the next beta program begins.

When I try to verify my IMEI, it gives me an error message. Why?

You may have entered your IMEI incorrectly. Please note that your IMEI should have 15 digits.

You may have already registered using another IMEI. Currently, only one device per registered email account is supported. 

Beta labs may not be supported by your operator, or available in your country. 

Unfortunately, users with Vodafone Australia and users in Myanmar are currently unable to participate in beta labs due to local requirements and/or technical limitations. This is potentially subject to change and we’ll keep you updated. 

We also regret to inform you that this service is not available for Nokia 6 in US, China and Taiwan due to some additional requirements for technical adaptations. Nokia 6 in US; China and Taiwan will upgrade directly to Android Oreo when ready. This restriction applies to users in US (all TA's), China (TA-1000) and Taiwan (TA-1003). 

If none of the above applies, please contact customer support. 

Is there anything I need to consider before I download the beta software?

Make sure your device’s software is up-to-date before downloading the beta software. You can check you’re on the latest general release by going to Settings > About phone > System update > Check for update.

I requested the OTA, but even after 12 hours I have not received the software upgrade notification. What should I do?

Check that you are connected to Wi-Fi.

Check if you have a notification at the top of your screen.

Check for updates manually by going to Settings > About phone > System update > Check for update.

Try powering your phone off and on again.

If none of the above solutions work for you, please contact customer support.

When trying to download, I get an error message (e.g. "Cannot download")

Check that you have enough storage available on your device, clear any apps and files that are not needed, and try again.

When will I receive the official Oreo upgrade?

The Oreo upgrade will become readily available once we can ensure a pure and smooth experience for everyone. Please note that release dates vary according to location and operator. 

Where should I report issues/bugs/suggestions?

You should report everything through the Feedback App. The community forum can offer useful advice, but it is not an official bug reporting channel. 

I submitted an issue via the Feedback App. Can I see how this is progressing?

We’re not able to keep you updated on a case-by-case basis, but all issues and suggestions submitted through the feedback app are reviewed. We may need to come back to you for more info if you’ve given us your approval to do so.

Can I roll back? 

When you are running beta software, you can roll back by clicking on the roll-back button on the beta labs webpage. However, once you have installed the official release after roll-out, you will not be able to roll back.

9 people have this question