The community forum

Join the conversation

Answered

Has everyone received the December Update?

Tech Wizard

I didn't get the update.

Best Answer
I got the update today noon... Check manually for yours and comment if you need help 

3 people have this question

Hi Wilson, 

Did you follow the usual steps to search for the update? I got the update on my Nokia 3. I don't believe this is a geographical selection or something like that.  :)

Tech Wizard

Yes I tried the usual steps but no luck.

1 person likes this
i haven't received yet the November security patch. nokia 3 TA-1032 no brand. Italy.
Neither have I..... It's been like 8 days sense it released 

2 people like this

Tech Wizard

Can you inform me by commenting when you receive your December update? I would appreciate that.

Hello from Greece. I have November update. I have not come yet in December...

Hello from Austria! Got the december update just this minute...

Answer

I got the update today noon... Check manually for yours and comment if you need help 
Hello again from Greece! Got the december update just this minute...

1 person likes this

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the replies I too got the december update just now.

1 person likes this
Since the November update none of the security updates reached my TA-1032. I contacted Nokia support 2 times and asked for the reason, that since 4 months no updates are provided. No answer from their side, just the usual "we won't tell you, but don't give up and continue waiting for it" attitude. No clue, why Nokia is fooling around with TA-1032 owners. My last hope will be Oreo, when it is ready. If updates don't work after that the phone will be dumped...

Tech Wizard

Hey even I'm using TA-1032 but I got every updates on time and I'm even on Oreo beta program. Maybe it has to do something with your country or region or carrier service.

Well, that's exactly the problem. Nokia is telling me "that this has to do something with your country or region or carrier service". But about country, region and carrier service are we talking when I use a German and a Romanian SIM card on an unlocked phone? Are we talking about Germany, where Nokia is not providing updates or Romania or the cities, where I roam or the do they not provide updates for the main carrier services in the mentioned countries anymore? How can one find out, why the updates are not provided???

What are security updates good for, when you don't get them? We are talking in the meantime about 3 updates in a row, which the TA-1032 did not receive and there is no explanation why it is so?!?

1 person likes this
Shutdown phone - Remove SIM card - Startup phone - In Apps settings, reset data of "Google Services Framework", and force close (this will assign a new Google device ID to your phone; some apps might not like that...) - In Dialer, dial *#*#checkin#*#* - Search for updates, install them (via WiFi) - Insert SIM card again Try in this way. Something like that worked for me
Login to post a comment