The community forum

Join the conversation

Sluggish performance

Rather than making things run more smoothly, my phone has felt very, very sluggish since updating to the Oreo beta. Start-up time isn't noticeably quicker either. Anyone else?

2 people have this question

You can give feedback to Nokia . Let them fix this in the official Oreo release. This just a beta . But so far my phone works better and with faster boot speed. Unfortunately there are some lags when I try to restore old deleted games data such as clash royale and clash of clans. But now everything runs smoothly. I can play the game as well now.

1 person likes this

Sure, I was just wanted to know what other people's experiences were :)

My experience is the same. Much more laggy than Nougat was, generally.

Same same
Same here.

Trying to use "Ok Google" seems like a particular pain point. Takes 30 seconds or more sometimes before it unwinds itself enough to listen to anything else I say, and even then it sometimes just doesn't bother. And the animating microphone/dots run at about 0.5fps while it's thinking about it.

The phone is working abit faster, but is it only my phone. But it's over heat's every time I start chatting or playing games. Why ?? It's really killing my hands

The secret for me at the moment seems to be "Avoid Android Auto". If I use that, it doesn't start up properly (which I think is a known bug in Oreo generally), and even when I kill it my phone is pretty much unusable until I reboot it. If I don't go anywhere near Android Auto, things are generally working acceptably well.

Same here... Verry slow performance... Apps starting up slow... Phone blockes... Ik hope they solve this... Already sent feedback
Honestly I don't have any performance issues... Facebook is the only app that seems to be slow in opening and using it and the rest of the apps and system is fine.
Login to post a comment