The community forum

Join the conversation

Community Forum website doesn't work on Firefox & Chrome

I can access the Community Forum website on Firefox and Chrome browsers, but when I click "login" the page keeps buffering and no login form shows up. It works perfectly on Microsoft Edge browser, but not on the others. Am I the only one with this issue or is this a bug on the website? All my software is up to date.

Thanks.

Thanks for letting us know Alberto! We're looking into this.

Anna 

1 person likes this

Anna, 

I forgot to say that the issue happens on mobile browsers too (Chrome, Firefox, Edge for Android).

Alberto

Community Hero

It works for me on Firefox for Windows desktop but not on Firefox for Android - same problem, the page just cycles the 3 dots without giving me the login screen.

Community Hero

Still not fixed. This means I can't use the forum on my smartphone :(

Tech Wizard

'Cycles 3 dots endlessly' on the login screen happen if third-party cookies are not allowed, in the browser website settings. This may also explain the other issues you have? -- Hans
If the problem is down to 3rd-party cookies, that is Nokia's fault. 3rd-party cookies are blocked by default for good reasons. Chrome, Firefox, and Nokia Android phones all block them by default and recommend that they should be blocked. The coding of the Nokia site is faulty.

Tech Wizard

'Murph' said:

> If the problem is down to 3rd-party cookies [...]

'Cycles 3 dots endlessly' on the login screen happen if third-party cookies are not allowed [...] - That's a fact.

> Chrome, Firefox, and Nokia Android phones all block them by default [...]

- That's not true.

Third-party cookies are allowed by default in all the above.

HTH

HAND

Community Hero

Confirmed, it's because of third-party cookies. I had to inspect the HTML to confirm and do trial and error with various connected sites. I have now added https://hmdglobal-prod.eu.janrainsso.com/ to my exceptions for third party cookies so I use the Nokia phones forums.

I'd prefer not to have to do this though. This is the only website I use which has so far failed to work without an exception being required.

1 person likes this

@madbilly,

Thank you, it worked. :)

1 person likes this

Community Hero

Great! Click the "mark as answer" to help others find the answer quickly. (that's if the link works for you, it doesn't for me).

@madbilly,

The "Mark as Answer" button is not working.. lol

Login to post a comment