The community forum

Join the conversation

Glance Screen

How do I set my Glance Screen to show notifications from Outlook on Nokia 8 with Oreo?

5 people have this question

Glance works at the moment just with the stock apps from Android, so with Gmail App.
You can configure your email account in the app and it works or you need to install a third party notification app but they don't work with glance, they just enable screen notifications.

1 person likes this

Default in Android should be that notifications are shown on the lock screen in black. In settings you can enable 'content from all notification'. That does not work, presumably because of Glance. Expected behaviour is when turning of Glance the default notifications should kick in.

Glance is a feature that does not belong on the Nokia 8 in my humble opinion. It pretty much ruins the user experience, which is a shame especially it is the first thing you as a user see.

It would be really cool if the default Android behaviour is restored with a next update (Android 8.1). 

p/s I believe reading somewhere in the forums that it used to work before the Oreo update. (Can anyone confirm that?)

gRTz ben

4 people like this
Coming from a Samsung or Pixel phone having been used to glancing at my screen if a WhatsApp message or outlook came through, Nokia's Glance screen is simply useless.. please Nokia, give us the option to either disable Glance and revert back to the stock Android way of Glance or update your Glance screen to allow other 3rd party apps to show there!

5 people like this

Hi All, I totally agree with abdulla77 and Ben, Glance is useless if it can’t handle 3rd party, and even if it does again it is too tiny and dim on the Nokia 8. Nokia you should do something about this, clean stock Android behavior would be optimal. The handling of notifications as is is very annoying to say the least. Third party notification apps like Glimpse don’t solve the problem as they don’t work

3 people like this
Login to post a comment