The community forum

Join the conversation

No Recovery on Nokia 6 after beta update to Oreo

Phone doesnt have now Recovery partition, i guess. I see an error after attempting to boot Recovery mode. Is it normal situation?

Recovery mode abcent in STABLE version Android Oreo too. Error "No command" (Нет команды) Nokia 6 TA-1021 00WW_5_220
From the stage No Command press simultaneously volume up and power then release them and you will be on the real recovery menu.

1 person likes this

There ought to be Recovery mode in Android 8.0 Oreo. Settings -> System -> Reset -> Factory Settings. I have Finnish Android, so some of the terms may differ slightly.

Tech Wizard

They figured out how to reliably access the recovery menu by using the phone buttons over at ...

It is vital if/when the phone is stuck during boot or in a boot loop.

I can confirm the procedure works on my Nokia 6 TA-1021:

Android version: 8.0.0 (Oreo, stable)
Android security patch level: February 1, 2018
Build number: 00WW_5_22A

Power off your phone.
Connect your phone to a charger.

"POWERED BY android" logo will appear, followed by the battery charging screen.

Hold VOLUME UP + POWER BUTTON for 10 seconds, release.

During the 10 seconds, your phone will power cycle, followed by the "POWERED BY android" logo, followed by an image of Bugdroid (Android robot) with the text "no command".

If you see the the NOKIA logo instead of Bugdroid, you released VOLUME UP + POWER BUTTON too early or too late. Start over.

From the "no command" screen, hold POWER BUTTON, tap VOLUME UP, release POWER BUTTON. This should take you into Recovery Mode.

Login to post a comment