The community forum

Join the conversation

Not receiving text messages

I am not receiving any text messages after installing the November month security patch update and i recently installed December patch 7.1.2 even i am not receiving any text messages and alarm is also not working after new security patch update. Please help me 

2 people have this question

I'm having the same issue. Used to have a lumia 920 that was barely keeping up with the times. Decided to get Nokia 6 while waiting for Nokia 9 to come out. And what do you know. Not receiving around 50% of the messages sent to me. So freaking frustrated. I always have been a Nokia fan and had only Nokia phones all my life. For someone who's tech savvy and works in the tech field and still prefers Nokia over everything else, this is a huge blow. Feel so betrayed. It feels like the old Nokia is long gone. It's just a shadow left in place.

I am using NOKIA6, After NOV monthly security update, we are facing this issue. Even NOKIA support team doesn't have proper info about the fix and ETA. Try this work around: disable and force stop the default 'messages' app and download any third party sms app ( i am using 'sms organizer' of Microsoft) and make this as a defult message app. Then in the battery setting --> activity manager --> white list your sms app. This worked for me. 

Focusing discussion to one thread