The community forum

Join the conversation

Answered

Getting my MP3's on to my phone.

Hello

I have about 15 gig of MP3's I would like to get onto my phone. How do I do this without subscribing to Google Play? I don't want to spend £10 for a service I don't want. I tried plugging it into my PC (USB) in the hope that it would come up as removable media and I could copy them into the music folder on the phone. No joy; I can't even find a file manager on the phone....

Any way of doing this?

Regards

Sub

Best Answer

Couple of things you need to check

1. Ensure you are using the cable that came with Phone to connect to PC.

2. When  you plug in, you should get a notification on your phone, asking for what you want to connect for. Select the option to "Transfer files"

3. Ensure the phone is unlocked.

4. You should see your phone's internal as well as any SD card you have show up as separate drives in your PC. Assuming it's Windows. Not sure how this will work if you have Non-Windows.

5. You can now transfer files into the "Music" folder and your music should show up in Google Play.

1 Comment

Answer

Couple of things you need to check

1. Ensure you are using the cable that came with Phone to connect to PC.

2. When  you plug in, you should get a notification on your phone, asking for what you want to connect for. Select the option to "Transfer files"

3. Ensure the phone is unlocked.

4. You should see your phone's internal as well as any SD card you have show up as separate drives in your PC. Assuming it's Windows. Not sure how this will work if you have Non-Windows.

5. You can now transfer files into the "Music" folder and your music should show up in Google Play.

Login to post a comment