The community forum

Join the conversation

Calculator app and Google Duo keep crashing at launch

I can't for the life of me figure out why this is happening. The Calculator app does not work. Whenever I try to launch it, it says "Calculator has stopped." 

I tried clearing the app's cache, data, uninstalling and reinstalling, and nothing seems to fix it. 

Same with Google Duo. It starts to launch but crashes every time. Tried clearing the cache, data, uninstalling and reinstalling it as well. Any ideas?

guess you tried already to reboot your phone?

I had an issue with one app crashing always on start but after a reboot of the phone it works.
I'm not using Duo but the calculator works fine on mine.

Yeah, tried to reboot in addition to all the regular steps above that one would do with an Android phone. I'm guessing I may have to hard reset? :-/

Do you think it could have anything to do with the Android 8.0 Oreo update? 

Currently running the intial oreo rollout and both apps work fine, I can only suggest a factory reset.

I really wanted to avoid a hard reset because of how tedious it can be set everything up the way I want it again, between themes and accessories, but I did that and 3 hours later I have everything set-up the way I want it again and it seems to have solved the problem. Calculator and Duo are now working. What a weird problem to have had in the first place. 

Thanks for the responses. 

Login to post a comment