The community forum

Join the conversation

SMS and Test message not always coming through

I have a Nokia 6 (TA-1025) The Amazon home screen ad version of the phone, connected to a T-Mobile account.  Ever since the Nov/Dec phone update. Which I received 2-3 weeks ago. I no longer receive all my text messages.  Some make it though others do not.  If I reboot the phone and somebody sends me one say in 15 minutes I will receive it.  I don't know the specific time, but at some point it won't receive text messages any more.  I have a Freedom Pop phone that I test with.  If I reboot the Nokia 6, I will receive all the text messages sent from the FP phone.  If I leave the Nokia 6 on the table for about 15 mintues and try to send a text message, it won't make it to the phone.  But if I send a second message, it "sometimes" will show up but the first one will not.

Up until the update, it was a solid phone, no issues.  Now my customers are telling me why didn't I reply to their texted in order.  I've called T-Mobile and they had be check and adjust APN settings, but even with the correct settings. I'm losing LOTS of text messages to me.

Reading the internet, it seems Google broke something in the last update. Can Nokia help fix the problem?  I've tried what I could... Different app, uninstalling the update to Messages, Parms in the APN settings...

Model TA-1025

Android Version 7.1.2

Android security patch level  December 1, 2017

Baseband version MPSS.JO.3.0-0036508937_DENNS_PACK-1.115512.1

Build number  00S0_3_72B

Thanks

Andy

After nov monthly security update, we are facing this issue. Work around: disable and force stop the default 'messages' app and download any third party sms app ( i am using 'sms organizer' of Microsoft) and make this as a defult message app. Then in the battery setting --> activity manager --> white list your sms app. This is working for me. Plz try this..

2 people like this

YES THANK YOU!    That is working for me now, using PULSE app

Focusing discussion to one thread