The community forum

Join the conversation

Bluetooth+Carkit voice distortion

There is a problem with Bluetooth and my CarKit in the Nissan Tiida.

When I have a voice call, I hear sometimes voice distortion for 2-3 seconds several times in a minute.

It is very similar underrun or overrun buffer. 

There weren't any troubles with other phones.

Could it be trouble with Software or Firmware?

1 person has this question

Same issue for me: For most calls using the Handsfree feature in there is a distortion where the other party can not be understood. Happens at least every minute.

Nokia 5 on Oreo (was part of the beta), Opel Insignia Intellilink (1st Gen), happens with a JVC KD-BT1 Car Stereo as well.

No issues when streaming audio (A2DP), I did not face this issue on Android 7.

I already tried restart of the phone, unpair and pair again.

Would a factory reset worth the efforts?

I am also facing similar issue with my Nokia 5. Voice is distorted when connected to my Volkswagen Bluetooth car audio system. Hardly able to understand the conversation over Bluetooth. No issues while playing music. My A One 9 works perfectly connecting the same car audio system. Nokia should try to get a fix soon for this problem.

We have the same issue with 5 x Nokia 5's in the UK, only on bluetooth when connected to a car. Multiple different cars and only happens when in the car, out of the car all works fine.

Was asked today to boot the phone into Safe mode but this didn't make any difference, still Dalek interference on every phone call lasting 2-3 seconds multiple times on every call, but ONLY when in the car.

Factory Reset did not help at all. Not that I expected anything else.

I am thinking about a warranty claim. It is a feature that was advertised and that does not work anymore.

Just realized that the distortion seems to be gone when WiFi is switched off.

Not having an access point in my cars the mobile was not connected anyway.

So this might me related to the scan for wireless networks? The distortion happens maybe three to six times per minute. Sounds like a reasonable WiFi search frequency to me!

Login to post a comment