The community forum

Join the conversation

Empty T9 and missing volume control for j2me games

Hi, 

i'm using a 3310 3G with predictive text in German (Language and Textprediction). There are no words out of the box. Is it intended that i first have to learn every basic word manually? Or is here something broken on my mobile?

Second, i loaded some java games, which even if the phone is set to silent plays music at a very loud volume, is there any (hidden) way or key-combo to make them less loud or even muted? It's a pain to plugin headphones everytime i want to take a quick game outdoors.

Greetings, 

David-Lee

1 person has this question

I also tried English (En) which has words included already. But German (Ge) is like without predictive and German (sGe) is with an empty word-book.

@user1516217541189 You mean you can't make J2ME games less loud even if the phone is not in silent mode (i.e. they completely ignore volume settings)? Or does this issue affects just silent mode?

BTW, have you already checked out my topic called "Nokia 3310 3G mobile Java (aka J2ME or MIDlet) games support vs 2G model poor Java compatibility -- is there any improvement?"? We're trying to figure out how well mobile Java is supported on the Nokia 3310 3G. I've already posted one benchmark app, and now I'm waiting for the moderator to approve my next post with even more benchmarks (to test all Java capabilities and standards). Maybe you could help us with testing?

Regards

@j_kowal where do i find the jar-files for the benchmarks?

It affects both, don't matter if the phone is really loud, mid-volume, quiet or completly silent: The games play very loud music. i've also a 2017 (non 3g) model, which has some settings for all java apps (volume, display light on/off, vibration)

1 person likes this

@user1516217541189 It looks like it's a pretty serious issue then. I don't know if there is any way Nokia can release updates/a new firmware for users to install though. :(

The hyperlink to the benchmarks has already been approved, and it's my latest post (in the second paragraph) in my thread called "Nokia 3310 3G mobile Java (aka J2ME or MIDlet) games support vs 2G model poor Java compatibility -- is there any improvement?". 

Login to post a comment