The community forum

Join the conversation

A request to introduce a true successor of the Nokia Lumia 1020

In the vast ocean of tall and narrow similar glass and metal phones with dual camera setups at their back. Can HMD Global introduce a camera-centric device which can be a true successor to the Nokia 808 PureView and the Nokia Lumia 1020?

We don't want Nokia to just follow the trends like other manufacturers. Nokia always dared to do something new and that is how we got so many quirky designs and form factors, Nokia introduced the world to phones that can replace their point and shoot cameras. Nokia Lumia 920 was the device that introduced people to wireless charging and made many smartphone manufacturers add wireless charging to their flagship devices.

It can be a niche device just targetting the mobile photography enthusiasts but can also become a massive hit if people like it. Many are waiting to see a camera-centric smartphone from Nokia. 1st Gen Nokia devices proved the Nokia Build quality. Now the focus should be on the Camera department. :)

What do you guys think? Do share your thoughts. :)

MWC is just 1 month away and very excited to see 2nd gen Nokia devices. :)

3 people like this idea

With the circulating rumours (that we should all take with an ocean-load of salt), you may be in luck.

I think we'll get a first hint at where the HMD/Nokia/Zeiss imaging departments are headed as soon as we see the Nokia 9. If there's any truth to the Nokia 10 rumours, it'll probably be along the same line, but with a significant focus on the camera.

1 person likes this

Community Hero

Nice use of the word "circulating", I'm keen to see how that rumour turns out in reality.

HMD will have to make something special to be considered better imaging quality than the Pixel 2, but it's definitely something I hope they can achieve.

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment