Hi, I and many other Nokia 8 users would like to give feedback and report bugs on the current firmware which I hope is resolved rather quickly so here I go.
- Glance Feature causes the device to stutter and lag when unlocking the device sometimes and the only solution is to lock it and unlock it again or disable the feature all together (Like I Do)
- No/Lack of Ambient Display for the Nokia 8, This should really be an option for Nokia 8 Users as it would allow them to choose between Glance or Ambient Display depending on their needs/preference.
- When I unlock my phone using my right thumb in my right hand I seem to open the split screen option upon unlocking which I understand is due to part of my thumb being on the Multitasking button while using the fingerprint sensor. (A work around would be to disable the Back and Multitask buttons while the phone is locked until about 0.5 seconds after the device is unlocked)
- Lack of Gallery App for viewing the RAW photos/video that is stored on the device. (I understand that there is Google photos but that means the photos themselves get compressed unless you pay for the 100% resolution after your 15GB Limit so I would like the addition of an actual Gallery app as well.)
- The patch notes need to have more detail as to what is being fixed/added with each update to give us the user a better understanding as to what we can expect to be resolved.
- Last but definitely not least the Nokia 8's Camera UI/APP needs a major overhaul including it's Algorithm and image processing as the current application is very sub par and it holds back the Duel Camera setup of the phone back big time not to mention how clunky it is to use as there is menus for things that shouldn't need a menu and it also lacks proper manual settings for those of us who like to tweak the settings before we take the image.
I would appreciate it if anyone who reads this give it a thumbs up so the post is more likely to be seen by Nokia and HMD Global. If anyone else has any issues or feedback that I have left out please go ahead and add it into the comment section in a constructive way. Thanks in Advance
After the update I can no longer choose screen lock with fingerprint. Fingerprint still works with other apps.
I am a Nokia user. After updating my mobile to Oreo, I was unable to use many of the apps, as it was showing that it is not supported here. Then I got the solution at Microsoft Support Australia.