The community forum

Join the conversation

Nokia 8 Split Screen

Every time I unlock my phone it starts the split screen function... Any way to disable this ? Nokia could prevent the recent button to work while the screen remains locked...

2 people have this question

Have the same issue. I think Nokia should add some delay for enabling of split screen function right after phone was unlocked.

1 person likes this
I also had a problem with my Nokia 8 and unintentionally going into split screen mode. A mode I personally consider beyond thoroughly useless but that's beside the point. What helped me a lot was... Settings >> Accesability >> Touch and hold delay. Changing this to "medium" cut down significantly on my split screen misactivations.

2 people like this
I also have this problem but got "used" to it and really try to put my finger on the sensor only... But that's not really a fix. I agree with with the OP that the recent app button should be disabled while the phone is locked. @203, I'll try that, thanks for the tip.

1 person likes this

I've e-mailed this issue/feedback and linked this forum topic via https://www.nokia.com/en_gb/phones/support/

1 person likes this

Good luck!

So far HMD/Nokia has shown no indication that it is prepared to implement it's own core  functional improvements and enhancements to it's phones.

Well they got back to me and said they will pass these suggestions on to the devs, so fingers crossed!

2 people like this
It happens to me on nokia 6. Seems to be random, but lately it has happen less frequently dunno why
It happens to me on nokia 6. Seems to be random, but lately it has happen less frequently dunno why

Well.. since official 8.1 Oreo the issue didn't occur anymore and i'm running it for over a week now.

So it seems to be fixed.

I am having the same issue with Nokia 6. It is annoying this much, that I want to disable multiwindow, but there is no option for this. Nokia please improve this part of you product.

Login to post a comment