The community forum

Join the conversation

NOKIA 8 TA-1052 DOES HAVE ANY FCC CERTIFICATE OR SIMILAR?

Hi

I bought a nokia 8 in amazon USA whose model was TA-1052 and all reviews seemed perfect. Now in Colombia, I find that the phone is not homologous, and to do so I need the FCC certificate. I searched the certificates on the smartphones of Nokia (https://fccid.io/2AJOT) but the model 1052 did not appear.

I would like to know if someone has gone through this situation or if they know of any alternative certification of this cell phone.

6 people have this question

Go to Settings, About Phone, Certifications. You should be able to see and get the FCC ID in there.

It doesn't show. 

Very strange.. Perhaps try a factory reset.. remove your SIM so it cannot detect region that way.. set it up in usa region and check the certification shown.. then reset again and set up again as Colombia.. This *might* work, but I have never tried it.
TA-1052 is for Asian market that's why it doesn't need a U.S. certification like FCC. My TA-1004 shows a FCC ID in Settings, About Phone, Certifications

Hi,

I have the same problem, I need the fcc certificate to homologate the phone.

Someone already get the fcc certificate for this phone?

Regards,

Carlos.

I wrote to Nokia and they tell me they do not have information about it ... I also have the same problem L

I've recolected all documentation for get homologation, but answer of CRC is cellphone would not be homologated for haven't american certificate. Nokia 8 TA-1052 has tha same certification but granted by the NCC, a Taiwan company. At the moment, is not possible use this phone in Colombia. I'll try to appeal the decision and demonstrate this phone has the same specifications that model 1004. 

1 person likes this

Friend, thank you, we´ll be pending.

Was anyone able to get a response for the homologacion in Colombia?

Dear All, 

Do you have news regarding Nokia 8 homologation process in Colombia? 

At this moment I want to homologate my phone in this country. so I need the cellphone certification.

Thank you

Until today, the homologation request is rejected. CRC says the only valid certification is FCC certificate. So, they deny the request, all my documents are valid, but it is on chinesse, probably nobody in the crc has been read it. Sadly, I am using the phone as a tablet, an expensive tablet.

2 people like this

Thank you for your response.

I red this statment in CRC web site:

"Dado lo anterior, la regulación vigente indica expresamente que cuando el solicitante del trámite de homologación no cuente con un código FCC ID, debe probar por escrito la equivalencia entre el código con el que cuenta su celular y el del estándar adoptado en Colombia (Artículo 7.1.1.2.8 del Capítulo 1 del Título VII de la Resolución 5050 de 2016). Esta comprobación debe realizarse en relación con el total de requisitos técnicos mencionados en el Artículo 7.1.1.2.7 del Capítulo 1 del Título VII de la Resolución 5050 de 2016. Como, a manera de ejemplo, la CRC en la actualidad cuenta con una equivalencia entre los estándares colombianos y aquellos certificados expedidos por la autoridad regulatoria del Brasil, la Agencia Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (ANATEL), equivalencia realizada con base en la documentación aportada por un solicitante del trámite.

Teniendo en cuenta que la CRC ha recibido algunas solicitudes en las cuales se han adjuntado certificados de conformidad expedidos por el Ministerio de Industria y Tecnologías de la Información de la República Popular China - MIIT, la entidad ha adelantado por su cuenta la búsqueda de la información técnica de la norma de certificación china (CMIIT), con el fin de establecer si dicha certificación verifica los mismos parámetros técnicos especificados en la regulación vigente en Colombia. Para este caso, en ninguna de dichas solicitudes se ha adjuntado la documentación de soporte que permita verificar la posible equivalencia de este certificado con los estándares adoptados en Colombia"

I want to homologate the phone, but is not easy.

1 person likes this

Any update about that?

Folks,

Nokia 8 is not on official sale in US. The fact that you bought it in Amazon, it was from a private seller (in case it is Amazon US).

Deveices that are not to be sold in the US do not have FCC, logically.

The issue here is with the Authorities that require FCC (a US certificate), wich for me is frankly quite odd.

Don't the Authorities in your country accept other certification?

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment