The community forum

Join the conversation

Answered

Lowest speaker volume very loud after 8.0 update

After the Oreo 8.0 update, the lowest setting for the external speaker - notifications, video calls, listening to audio out of the phone's speakers - is significantly higher than it was before. The lowest volume level would have been at least 'halfway' beforehand, and I often think about just setting the phone to vibrate in many situations where I would otherwise prefer not to. 

I'd be quite happy to hear if anyone else has this problem, or whether there is a fix?

Best Answer

Have you got Dolby Atmos turned on in Settings - Sound? After the Oreo update, Dolby Atmos seems to be misconfigured and turning it on raises the volume and noise level too much.

Answer

Have you got Dolby Atmos turned on in Settings - Sound? After the Oreo update, Dolby Atmos seems to be misconfigured and turning it on raises the volume and noise level too much.

1 person likes this

Tech Wizard

The issues regarding audio volume and Dolby Atmos is resolved with the Android 8.0.0 5.22A / February 2018 update bundle (TA-1021).

A comfortable audio level on the volume slider may be lower than it used to in Android 7. There is still a (useful, for me) increased maximum volume to wired headsets, both with and without Dolby.

--
Hans

1 person likes this
Still Sound Problems after 5.22A Update today in my TA-1021.
Same here, even after the Feb. Update the volume issue still remains, with and without Dolby.
Updated to Android 8 yesterday night, put the alarm on lowest volume, turned off Dolby surround sound. Jumped off my bed in the morning, the alarm was very loud, as if it was on highest setting. Hope this gets fixed soon! Also, the phone barely vibrates when unlocking the phone with a pattern lock.
Login to post a comment