The community forum

Join the conversation

Answered

No video recording after Oreo update

Yesterday, my Nokia 6 TA-1021 received the update to Oreo 8.0. Since then, Camera app does not show video recording option. In settings, the is no option to change video resolution. Other apps as Open Camera, for example, run flawlessly. I tried doing a soft reset and restarting in safe mode. No changes at all. Still no video recording. Please, polish this sort of issues

Best Answer

Hi, try open camera app and swipe to the left, this will switch to recording. In settings, it seems that the resolution-option is for both. Photos and Videos. Hope this helps.

Same problem here!!!

Answer

Hi, try open camera app and swipe to the left, this will switch to recording. In settings, it seems that the resolution-option is for both. Photos and Videos. Hope this helps.

1 person likes this

That's exactly the problem: swiping to the left or right does not work at all. There are two little dots on the lowest part of the screen but there's no way to change from one dot to the other. By the way, it seems strange to me that the resolution of pictures and videos is set with the same setting. It is hard to understand when max resolution for videos on Nokia 6 is 1080 p (2 Mpix frames) while pictures go up to 16 Mpix.

There is something wrong.

OK, finally I got it. I wasn't swiping in the appropriate area of the screen. Finally I discovered that I have to swipe over the photo viewer area and not over the lower part of the UI area... Thanks a lot.

By the way, video settings are in a different settings screen, which is reachable only from video recording screen, not from still picture settings screen.

2 people like this
Login to post a comment