We're upgrading

Be a part of the all-new
Nokia phones community,
coming soon.

Looking for the forum?

While we add the finishing touches to the new community, you can still browse the forum, but not create or edit posts.

Answered

Motion photos

Hi! I am little bit confused. While looking at my old photos, 12/2017, I noticed that photo is different when I click on it. When I am looking at it while browsing pictures in gallery person on photo has arm in a postion 'like' and when I click on picture it shows totally different position of hands and body. I know for photos in motion but i have Nokia 6 TA 1033 and that photo doesnt have any kind of animation label or video or anything. It is just picture in motion but I dont understand how did my camera made that when I enter camera options I dont have anything to click to make that happen like that. i also dont have app which is making that possible as I browsed the web and found out that even exists for Andoid-tonight. Till tonight I thought that was only possible on Iphones. All other photos in gallery are normal. just three pictures from 12/2017 are in motion. is it possible that camera features were different at 12/2017 than later while upgrading android?! I just dont understand. I like that feature but If I can have it in control that would be nice. Ivana

Best Answer

Thanks for testing.

The 'Burst' camera feature and the way that Google Photos handle burst shots has changed (and improved) since December.

I wonder if the 3 photos are burst shots, originally? - If it is, then it has BURST in its file name. It is just a wild guess that maybe an old, wrong thumbnail from a sequence of pictures is displayed.

You can also try make a note with the complete path and file name in the file info, then find the photo in the Files manager, to check how the thumbnail and photo behaves when opened from there?
(.jpg files can not animate, but .gif files can).

Anyway, the Burst feature is useful to capture the best moment: Press and hold the camera shutter on the screen to take a sequence of pictures.
The feature should be On as standard in the camera app settings.

It's an interesting issue, I hope you find the explanation!

--
Hans

Tech Wizard

Hi Ivana,

Is it the same result if you upload the photo to the cloud, and view it in a browser at photos.google.com ?

--
Hans

Hans, On photos.google.com everything is normal,I see normal photo before and after clicking on it,there is no moving. Ivana

Tech Wizard

Answer

Thanks for testing.

The 'Burst' camera feature and the way that Google Photos handle burst shots has changed (and improved) since December.

I wonder if the 3 photos are burst shots, originally? - If it is, then it has BURST in its file name. It is just a wild guess that maybe an old, wrong thumbnail from a sequence of pictures is displayed.

You can also try make a note with the complete path and file name in the file info, then find the photo in the Files manager, to check how the thumbnail and photo behaves when opened from there?
(.jpg files can not animate, but .gif files can).

Anyway, the Burst feature is useful to capture the best moment: Press and hold the camera shutter on the screen to take a sequence of pictures.
The feature should be On as standard in the camera app settings.

It's an interesting issue, I hope you find the explanation!

--
Hans

Hans, Thank you very much for such clear explanation. You really are a tech wizard, haha. I really think it is just wrong thumbnail as you said. i think I used burst option while taking these photos and then deleted few of them. Yes, burst option is active and functions normaly. Anyway, I am really happy that someone could explain me in such simple way that I understand. For a moment I thought that I got motion option on my Nokia and that I didnt even know for it,haha. But, as I like to know everything and have it explained ( especially after I found out I dont have that option haha) I really thank you for your answer. For any other problems in the future, and I hope there wont be any, I will add in the subject 'for Hans' haha. Have a nice day!! Ivana
Login to post a comment