The community forum

Join the conversation

Still waiting for 8.1 (EE Network)

I'm still waiting for 8.1, and I'm starting to think it is because of the network I'm with EE in the UK, I have a TA-1012 and I don't really understand why it's taking so long? My phone is sim free too, do updates need network approval before they are pushed out even if your phone is sim free and doesn't have the carriers ROM? I know I could do a factory reset, but at the moment I don't want to, but it is a bit frustrating all the same waiting now over two weeks and still no update.

1 person has this question

Same issue here with ta1052 in Australia

1 person likes this
Duncadelic have you got an 8.1 update or April security patch? I I'm still waiting....
LukeManc Yeah got 8.1 the Thursday before Good Friday and got the March patch last Monday morning and then got the April patch a couple of days later on Wednesday, so whatever issues they were having seem to be sorted, well for me anyway, a lot of people say it has to do with WiFi Calling, but I don't really know to be honest.
I'm on Plusnet (EE), TA 1012, forced March patch by using foreign SIM but since then no update... I'm not missing much but it's a bit annoying.
This was posted in another thread here and could be worth trying, thanks to the original poster, hope you don't mind me copying and pasting it here. That said the following may be of interest to those still suffering, received from Nokia Care today; Regarding your last questions to us, please note that the mobile operator that you first used on your device may have some settings saved internally to the device's settings. That's why sometimes this is the reason of not receiving updates and actualization on time. In this case, we advise you to check for the update without your SIM card inserted in the device and also, if possible, with another mobile operator's SIM. Additionally, you can try these steps: 1. Go to Settings -> Apps and notifications -> All apps -> Carrier services -> Storage -> Clear cache and data -> Disable -> Enable (or install from Google Play Store) -> restart the device 2. Go to Settings -> Apps and notifications -> All apps -> 3 dots on the top right -> Launcher 3 -> Storage -> Clear cache and data -> Disable -> Enable -> restart the device

1 person likes this
Thanks, tried all this but doesn't work for me. Sight....
I think your only other option is a more drastic one and that would be to remove your SIM card and then perform a factory reset on your phone. Your photos, contacts etc should be backed up in your Google account if you have all of that turned on. If not you will need to back anything up you don't want to lose. Things like text messages can be backed up with an app from the playstore called SMS backup and restore. If you do this then remove your SIM and factory reset. Leave your SIM out of your phone and when you go through the setup process and login to your Google account do not restore anything from a backup, tell it to start fresh. You should find after doing this that the updates will then download. When you have them all installed you can out your SIM card back in the phone.
I'm on EE and received the 8.1 not the network
Login to post a comment