The community forum

Join the conversation

How to stop CP Client - New Provisioning message

Recently, I keep getting weird notifications from 'CP Client' saying 'New Provisioning' message with 3 options - Postpone, Delete or OK. I tried clicking on all these options for multiple times now, nothing happens and i cant do anything about it... i slide it to the right to get it out of my notifications, but it just comes back after a few minutes... and i keep getting these messages every now and then, usually 4 at a time.. this its really annoying and i'm worried if this might be a virus... what should i do to get rid of this problem?

Thanks in advance!

1 person has this question

Tech Wizard

First make sure the phone is fully updated, both the OS and all built-in apps (in Play Store > My apps). This is best done over WiFi.

Please refer to your mobile operator/carrier if the error persists.

A replacement SIM card may be required.

It's all to do with Rich Communication Suite (RCS)
RCS  provides  an  IP-based  service  that  can  be  used  to  support  a  number  of  competitive services such as phone-book with presence, instant messaging and multimedia calling. So I guess it is built into the Google Carrier Services which I am going to try disabling. Do not blame Cloud Printing. Nokia 6.1 on 8.1

It's all to do with Rich Communication Suite (RCS)
RCS  provides  an  IP-based  service  that  can  be  used  to  support  a  number  of  competitive services such as phone-book with presence, instant messaging and multimedia calling. So I guess it is built into the Google Carrier Services which I am going to try disabling. Do not blame Cloud Printing. Nokia 6.1 on 8.1

Sorry to report that disabling Google Carrier Services did not achieve the stopping of notifications. Though I'm sure RCS is the problem.

May i know the network carrier you are using? New provisioning setup is the access point settings provided by the network provider. Try resetting network settings or else contact your network provoder. Hope it helps.

Hi Akhil and original question poser.

On "3" but I suspect that is irrelevant. A nice lady in the Staines,UK "3" office found the answer on android.stackexchange.com.

The best answer was posted by chitraksh bairathee.

I slightly modify his answer to help avoid mistakes.

Goto Settings App info

Select All apps

click on the settings button (the tree dots vertically top right)

click on "show system"  (This shows all the apps not just the initiation icons.)

scroll thru the many apps down to "CP Client", then select it.

Do a force stop and disable.

Having done that i have been without Provisioning messages for 30 hours, and the phone still works. Of course there may be problems with newer apps that use the facility, but I do not care at the moment.

Good luck all.  Huggy

i have same question.

The fix described in my last post has been working for nearly 3 weeks. Have not yet found a down side.So do that.

Huggy

Login to post a comment