The community forum

Join the conversation

Loosing both VoLTE and VoWIFI after an hour or two

This is just since the March update, it worked perfectly well before.

Power on phone - both VoLTE and VoWIFI work.

After an hour or two WiFi calling doesn't work and phone reverts to 3G when making or receiving a call.

So after running for a bit VoLTE and VoWIFI stop working.

I know it's really fun and exciting that after every Nokia 5 update you are treated to a new failure of some sort or another - what will it be this time? -  but it would be much better if you actually tested the changes that are made to make sure the dammed thing still works!

1 Comment

I decided to try some Voodo. So I turned WiFi calling off and the powered off the phone and left it for a while. Then turned it back on and then turned WiFi calling back on. It's working properly again now.

So it could be a problem that happens if the phone is powered on when WiFi calling is on. I've recently switched networks to get VoLTE / VoWiFi so this glitch may have been there before the March update as that was the first reboot since turning WiFi calling on for the first time.

In about a weeks time I'll need to reboot the phone because of the "Apps closing in the background" problem so I'll see what happens then.

Login to post a comment