The community forum

Join the conversation

Answered

Problem after oreo update.

After oreo update, I noticed my TA- 1021 (India) having huge battery draining, slow performance and low camera picture quality. But low light picture for rear camera is good. Before oreo, the average memory consumption was 1.4 - 1.5 gb and now its 1.8 - 1.9. But most annoying problem is my brightness automatically fluctuating (Increasing and decreasing by itself). I tried avast antivirus, there is no virus or malware. If someone facing the same problem please report it.

Best Answer

Hi, you have done a great job of articulating the problem(s) and issues, but aside from the antivirus scan, you haven't articulated any other steps you have undertaken in an attempt to correct the problem? Also, answers to the following will help too:

So did you do the standard OTA update as provided by Nokia and/or your carrier?

Besides the Avast antivirus, have you installed any other applications since you did the update?

Have you done the obvious power off and power on cycle?

Why do you suspect that malware or a virus might be the culprit?

If you can answer any/all of these questions, that would be really helpful to assist you

Answer

Hi, you have done a great job of articulating the problem(s) and issues, but aside from the antivirus scan, you haven't articulated any other steps you have undertaken in an attempt to correct the problem? Also, answers to the following will help too:

So did you do the standard OTA update as provided by Nokia and/or your carrier?

Besides the Avast antivirus, have you installed any other applications since you did the update?

Have you done the obvious power off and power on cycle?

Why do you suspect that malware or a virus might be the culprit?

If you can answer any/all of these questions, that would be really helpful to assist you

1 person likes this

Sorry, It was adaptive brightness. Somehow it was on and I don't use adaptive brightness and I freaked out. Sorry....

1 person likes this

Tech Wizard

Thanks for feedback, just a few additional comments:

Please don't worry too much about memory consumption. Modern operating systems is designed to use as much RAM as practical, to preload apps, cache thumbnail pictures for the photos and cache other user data, to make the overall experience more fluid.

Anti-virus programs is of little use in modern Android versions, it just consume battery and make people worry. Better scan documents and other files you receive from others with an anti-virus program on a PC.

--
Hans

Login to post a comment