The community forum

Join the conversation

Oreo 8.1 update bugs, volume too low

Hi Yesterday i updated my nokia 6 to oreo 8.1 and sinve den my ringer and notification volume is too low even though my volume is full while checking in sound settings. Wen i restart the phone the issue is silved fr a couple of minutes. I tried soft reset and safe mode too . Still same pblm. Is it due to some bugs in this new software version?

17 people have this question

That's weird, because I have a completely opposite problem - the volume of alarm and notifications is very high regardless of volume settings

2 people like this
Turn off the dolby surround sound....

1 person likes this

wen i turn off its ok bt the sound is nt the same, 

1 person likes this
Yes. It's little bit low but that's what you get. Plus other sound has problem. Like charging sound comes at least 20-30 seconds later, notification sound is not clear has a glitch. Also battery is draining. I don't know others are facing same problem or not.

3 people like this
@user1522129368909 I do have the issues you described. Sometimes lock sound doesn't play at all, notification sound is getting muted the second after it starts. Generally, the volume is either to loud or to quiet. Something's messed up.

3 people like this
My phone stop ringing after 8.1 updateThis problem is serious and needs to be fixed by Google at the earliest. I am missing important calls on my Nokia 6 since the Android Oreo8.1 . I do not here the notification ring. I have tried all the things suggested above.I cannot keep restarting the phone every time. A patch needs to be released immediately. What is the use of a phone if a basic call functionality does not work.

9 people like this
I am also facing the same issue if ringer volume getting very slow. Every time we cannot restart and missing important calls throughout the day. When is patch expected for it ?

5 people like this

Hi, I have the same problem here in Sri lanka. all the users who upgrade the version to 8.1 has the volume issue. we are keep restarting the phone which is very inconvenient. pls do something immediately.

1 person likes this
Привет. У меня та же самая проблема. Предложили отключить функцию dolby surround. Отключил. Жду. Посмотрим что будет?! Но самое интересное в том, что раньше все работало с включенной функцией. Вопрос? - " Зачем тогда она нужна если она отключена.

Please turn off your Dolby surround to get louder ring volume. While listening music with your headphone, turn on Dolby for better sound quality.

Dolby surround is turned off and ring volume is still low

3 people like this
I am facing the same problem like ringtone volume get too low even if it is full. Can anyone know how to fix or what do we do now???

3 people like this
After the 8.1 update I'm also facing the feeble sound issue in my Nokia 6. The ringtone and the media tone has gone too low....

3 people like this

sometimes it is too high, sometimes it is too low. Not sure what the solution would be.

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment