The community forum

Join the conversation

Query - US LTE Band Support

Hi Folks, As we know Nokia 6.1 is launched in India and soon to be launched in US. Wanted to know if the Nokia 6.1 india version will support 4G/LTE US bands  like AT&T and T-Mobile? Asking this question because if I travel to US should be still be able use the same phone. Thank you!

1 person has this question

which LTE bands does your nokia 6.1 from India have? it is very likely it will work on LTE bands in the US, let me know so I can help you with that. 

Below is the response from Nokia support team on the bands supported by Nokia 6.1 India version. Can you help if these will work in US as well?

"In response to your query regarding Nokia 6.1, we would like to inform you that Nokia 6.1 version launch in India is different from which is launch in other countries and regarding Networks bands it supports GSM: 850/900/1800/1900, WCDMA Band 1, 2, 5, 8, LTE Band 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41 you can check Network Bands availability in US. "

1 person likes this
Thanks for the info, I will get back to you as soon as possible so you can be confident in the information I am going to provide. I live in America. Cheers ;)

Hi Mobile CR, please let me know if you are able to get the details. Thank you!

OK, the US version TA-1045 is now on sale on Amazon. The listing doesn't give any information on the US bands or US compatibility. Can you provide the band listing?

I got a direct reply. There isn't a separate US phone. It gets the global version which is this.

Global: GSM 850/900/1800/1900; WCDMA: Band 1, 2, 5, 8 LTE: Band 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41(Full band 41) 

So while you can use it on T-Mobile, it doesn't fully support all of T-Mobile's bands which are:

4G LTE

· Frequencies: Band 2 (1900 MHz), Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz), Band 5 (850 MHz), Band 12 (700 MHz), Band 66 (Extension of band 4 on 1700/2100 MHz), Band 71 (600 MHz)

· 

After I sent my last note based on a reply from Nokia I got a second email saying that in fact there is a version that supports more US bands

Here are the bands

GSM 850/900/1800/1900 WCDMA: Band 1, 2, 4, 5, 8 LTE: Band 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12/17, 20, 28, 38

1 person likes this

So the question is: is TA-1045 a US variant? 3d Party reseller selling it now on Amazon and NewEgg.

Will it have a US Nokia Warranty or it is a grey market distributor?

OK one more question. I see there is going to be a 4gb/64gb version shortly. (The one on  Amazon now is 3gb/32gb). Is the 4gb/64gb coming to the US? 

1 person likes this

Hi Everyone - after reading the quote from - user1523446948197 - " After I sent my last note based on a reply from Nokia I got a second email saying that in fact there is a version that supports more US bands

Here are the bands

GSM 850/900/1800/1900 WCDMA: Band 1, 2, 4, 5, 8 LTE: Band 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12/17, 20, 28, 38"

---Please could HMD personnel confirm if the US Version of the Nokia 6.1 or Nokia 7 plus will have the above 4G LTE bands --- As this is an important buying requirement for me -- When I saw the website the bands offered were very few and I was going to buy the Moto G6 --- however if the Nokia 6.1 or Nokia 7 plus have the bands mentioned above I would rather buy Nokia. Please could any HMD rep. confirm the 4G LTE bands for the US version and the model numbers as I can make my purchase. Thanks in advance.

The available bands are now posted on a number of sites including this on BHphoto

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1404213-REG/nokia_11pl2b11a07_6_1_2018_32gb_smartphone.html

(If it doesn't show, see specs). 

While it works on LTE, on T-mobile it is missing the new 600 mhz band

By the way, note that Nokia has been rolling out the 64gb version of this phone in other markets about 4 or 5 weeks after the 32gb version appears. There has been no indication the 64gb is coming to the US, but Nokia has brought it everywhere else (though in one country as an Amazon exclusive)

I have purchased Nokia 6.1 (TA-1045) from Amazon and the box says it's a USA version. I have put in a TMobile SIM and observe the following:

1. The phone appears to be on Band 4 (Network Cell Info Lite) but reports HSPA+ not LTE. In the same location, Galaxy Note 8 and Moto G5 as well as iPhone 8 all report as being on LTE.
  2. HD calling indicator is there seemingly implying it's on VOLTE.
  3. In the Settings, WiFi Calling (wifi preferred) is on.
  4. The slide that says to use 4G LTE service (I forget the exact spelling)is on.

And yet, the speed is about 4-9 mbs. Note 8 reports about 11-20 mbs in the same spot. I chatted with Nokia support and they are telling me to call T-Mobile. Can't see why.

I have a very bad feeling, there is no LTE Band 4/12 support. Is HSPA+ also on band 4?

I'd be surprised if it was anything other than a short term glitch or a wrong setting unless you live in some unusual areas. First be sure that under "settings" and "more" and "cellular networks" that preferred network is "LTE" and that "enhanced 4g LTE" is checked and "data roaming" is on.  Then be sure to get the latest updates for the phone via wifi. Finally restart the phone. 

Login to post a comment